- USA Only
- 8 applicants (20%)
What we do
MODE provides guidance and tools for enterprise customers to improve their operations by connecting to physical world data, allowing businesses to be more proactive and efficient in what they want to accomplish.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to create a modern user experience for our enterprise customers.
MODE's products are enterprise IoT data infrastructure and data dashboard/BI tools. Each customer's unique business goals must be realized within the framework of our common product.
UX/UI Designer responsibilities include understanding product requirements, designing graphic elements, and page navigations. It includes building consistent user experiences across multiple web and mobile applications from MODE.
The designer is also responsible for helping our PR/marketing team with MODE's web presence, trade show booths, and advertising materials. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. Below are the detailed responsibilities of a UX/UI Designer.
- Understand user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers including the following:
- Organize requests from users gathered by sales members and product managers
- Conduct user interviews and ethnography
- Understand the users’ goals and design user experience from the beginning to the end of the service or for the continuing services
- Conduct quantitative user experience evaluation and design iterations for improvement
- Design UX/UI that realizes “Data storytelling”, which means converting user data from IoT devices into business insight.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Design user flows and page navigations
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems based on user feedback
- Provide consistent design across MODE's products
- Design visual aspects of trade show booths
- Design layout and visuals of promotional materials
- 2-5 years of work experience as a UX/UI Designer
- Experience to launch UX strategies such as defining value propositions, user story mapping, customer journey mapping, and so on.
- Portfolio of design projects (online or offline)
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, etc
- Strong collaborative and communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Appreciative and sensitive to the cultural diversity of users. MODE's product is marketed in Asia and the US
- Experience and knowledge to conduct user interviews and ethnography
- Experience to design data dashboards and BI tools
- Good understanding of internationalization/localization
- Experience in offline/physical design (designing printed flyers and/or tradeshow booths)
- Creativity in their ability to find solutions and make clarity towards vagueness
- Team player with strong communication skills and capable of building good relationships with people
- Action-oriented with reasonable thoughts and common sense
- Open to other cultures
- Humble to acknowledge that there is always new knowledge to be acquired and eager to learn it