- 12 applicants (18%)
Job Title: UX/UI Designer
Location: San Jose, CA (Remote Ok)
Position: Full-Time (Employee or Contractor at your choice)
Who We Are
AppGrooves (https://coupons.appgrooves.com) is a mobile-based website that helps users save money on their smartphones. AppGrooves curates and publishes thousands of money-saving offers for shoppers who make mobile app or mobile web purchases. We are a Silicon Valley-based & well-funded 500 Startups portfolio startup with millions of MAUs (monthly active users). After 1.5 years since launch, we have achieved:
a) Millions of MAUs, growing rapidly at a rate of 10% MoM
b) Extremely high click-through (to app stores) & conversions (app installs)
- Responsible for delivering the best online user experience to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Collaborating effectively with product, engineering, and marketing team.
- Creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mockups for new product ideas.
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Incorporating customer feedback, metrics, and usability findings into design in order to enhance user experience.
- Manage team repo containing documentation for each project version.
- Maintain our Figma files up-to-date and organized.
- Arrange and discuss upcoming projects with team members; goals and timelines.
- Pull assets, templates for design projects as needed.
- Be the point-person for iterations, ideation and approval. Liaison between marketing and engineers.
- Propose multiple design options to Product Manager and Project Owner.
- Review and approve dev notes for hand-off from design team to developer team.
Bring project updates. Analyze performance metrics to identify strengths and possible improvements.
Contribute to content planning discussions and participate in the content creation workflow.
- 3+ years experience as an in-house UX/UI designer OR equivalent portfolio.
- Must have experience with design tools such as Figma.
- Experience with mobile-first designs.
- Ideally experience in e-commerce or reward/coupon business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. As a remote team, documentation skills are critical.
- Ability to discuss and explain design options.
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets (spreadsheet) and Google Slide (presentation) tools.
- Familiarity with analytics tools (eg. Google Analytics, Mixpanel) and ability to analyze, organize, and extract insights from large and sometimes complex data sets.
- Detail oriented, critical thinker, problem solver and customer centered.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and professionalism; the ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced, remote startup environment (“fail fast” and keep trying until you figure it out).
- This full-time position is currently remote with the opportunity to work in office at our San Jose location, pending the development of the COVID pandemic.
- Salary includes competitive pay and benefits.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- AppGrooves is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AppGrooves’ employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Paid Trial Task:
If selected for the final round, we will provide applicants with a slide deck explaining the company goal(s) and an existing obstacle in reaching that goal. This trial will be intensive and you will be paid for your time.
Through a slide deck presentation, you will propose:
- What design would you suggest implementing to reach the goal/solve the problem?
- Which ideas are the highest priority to you and why?
- How would you execute this design, assuming you have engineers, and content creators at your disposal?
- What is your expected outcome of this design?
- How would you measure success?
We will give you 72 hours to complete your slide presentation. If you need more time, please let us know.