UX, UI Designer
- 12 applicants (27%)
Title: UX, UI Designer
Location:Work from Anywhere
GLIDE, a values-first digital creative agency based in Austin, Texas is looking for a UX/UI Designer. This role is freelance and part-time.
ABOUT THE JOB
GLIDE Designers understand our clients’ business models and deliver concepts that merge beauty and results.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with creative director on UI designs for GLIDE client projects.
- Design graphic user interfaces mostly but not just limited to website projects.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look.
- Adhere to client’s brand standards on fonts, colors and images.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Conduct layout adjustments based on internal and client feedback.
- Create original graphic assets (e.g. icons, sketches and other graphics).
- Follow best practices for design file builds and packaging for development.
- Use of collaboration tools like Google Apps, Slack, Done Done, Asana, Zoom.
- Contribute to GLIDE portfolio collections.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of web design experience.
- A strong portfolio showcasing projects with clean aesthetics and good user experience.
- Expert understanding of design principles including typography, layout, grid, composition, and hierarchy. Understanding of design systems is a plus.
- Experience with modern UI tools like Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD.
- A basic understanding of how web technologies work (HTML+CSS) and their current capabilities.
WHY WE’LL LOVE YOU
You say “Hell Yeah!” when reading our core values:
- Build meaningful relationships – You see every day as an opportunity to grow and inspire and celebrate others.
- Love what you do – You do it for the love of the craft and the process and because work excites you.
- Better every day – You’d rather live in the stretch zone than the comfort zone. Trying new things is the only way to grow.
- Deliver faithfully – You set clear and realistic expectations for yourself and others. Then you follow through.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US
Here’s a few reasons we think you’ll love working at GLIDE:
- Purpose – Unrelenting focus on our core purpose to help people who help others
- Freedom – Freedom of time, location and work hours to balance your work/life
- People – Collaboration with kind-hearted, humble, and talented “A” players
- Remote – Work from anywhere, travel the world, be FREE to roam!
- Balance – We never ask people to work nights, weekends or holidays
- Growth – We encourage, recognize, and support employee career development
- Culture – Daily, weekly, quarterly and annual cultural activities
- Recognition – 628 encouraging Slack posts of specific recognition in 2020
- G-Labs – Core GLIDE initiative to collaborate, innovate and make a better world
- Strategy – We communicate big picture, annual and quarterly goals regularly
This position is on a freelance/contract basis and remote. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
You’re free to work from anywhere anytime. If you’re outside of the US but can work at least 4+ hours in the US Central time zone from 9am-5pm (but not past midnight in your time zone, we want to encourage a healthy work-life balance), let’s talk. You should be fluent in English and have a strong wifi signal to support Zoom video chats with our team.