UX Designer | The Andover Companies
We are seeking a UX Designer to join the Innovation Team at The Andover Companies (Andover).
Working at The Andover Companies
This role is performed onsite at The Andover Companies’ location in Andover, MA. Our core business hours/hours of operation are 8:15 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Remote work is permitted in accordance with our current policy.
Employees of The Andover Companies are the stewards of our core values: (1) Be a Champion, (2) Value Everyone, (3) Be an Expert, and (4) Rise to the Occasion. Collaboration, pursuing excellence, expanding one’s knowledge, striving for continuous improvement, and going the extra mile are important keys to success.
- Volunteer opportunities: There are many outlets to give back to the community through our volunteering program.
- Take a spin class at lunch: Stop by our onsite wellness center/fitness facility.
- Continuous learning is embodied in our core values.
- The UX Designer will lead user research and translate insights into prototypes that will be iteratively refined in tandem with our end users.
- As a UX Designer at Andover you will:
- Skillfully design new digital and service experiences that generate value for both our customers and Andover.
- Work with customers and Andover stakeholders to define, design, and prototype new experiences rooted in human-centered design research insights.
- Define and communicate new solutions and offerings that are grounded in customer insights and business needs.
- Drive rapid ideation at varying levels of design fidelity to test with end users.
- Bring ideas to life using compelling customer journey maps, personas, storyboards, wireframes, and user stories to share with Andover stakeholders.
- Conduct usability testing.
- Share knowledge, techniques, tools, patterns, and expert advice with colleagues and stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in UX Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Information Architecture, Human Factors Design/Engineering, Anthropology, Psychology, or other related degree.
- 3+ years past work experience as a User Experience Designer or similar role.
- Proficiency in design thinking and human-centered design.
- Understanding of interaction design principles, and service/experience design principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate clearly with various departments as well as vendors, contractors, and freelancers.
- A strong interest in problem solving.
Core Competencies – Outcomes
- The complex problems that Innovation explores are solved using design to create simple and effective solutions.
- Customer insights are consistently translated into useful prototypes of varying fidelity that generate a deeper understanding of the opportunity and de-risk the initiative.
- Our solutions deliver the ideal customer experience that will result in greater agent loyalty, profitability, growth, and policyholder and employee satisfaction.