Constructive is a leading social impact strategy and design firm that helps advance social, environmental, and economic justice. We’re a close-knit, committed, and values-driven team of experts and advocates who partner with ambitious organizations to make the world a more fair, equitable, and sustainable place.
We are looking to add a UX Designer to our team who will help create high quality sitemaps, data models, and UX designs that emphasize brand building, digital experience, storytelling, content design, and audience engagement. The role is a great fit for a UX designer who wants to (A) work with brands that are actively making positive impacts for people and the planet, and (B) expand their skills across UX design and strategy.
Please note: This is not a product, service, or visual design role.
About the Role
UX Designers at Constructive will drive audience and brand engagement for social impact brands. They are great at understanding client and audience needs, the impact they’re trying to create, and developing strategic UX designs that make those impacts possible. They are collaborative partners who work well with other UX designers and other practice areas. They can take research insights and discovery work and translate those data into great digital experiences. With some guidance, they can produce high-polish UX designs, sitemaps, audience journeys, information architecture, wireframes, and prototypes.
Your Core Responsibilities
As a UX Designer at Constructive, we’ll count on you to:
- Translate data from discovery, research, goals, and insights into information architecture, sitemaps, and wireframes that engage audiences.
- Participate in collaborative digital strategy and UX workshops (remotely) for clients focused around a range of engagement strategies that help teams uncover, understand, and execute effective digital strategies to achieve their goals.
- Create UX design deliverables that will engage, educate, and inspire audiences to act on important social impact issues.
Skills & Experience You’ll Need
- A collaborative mindset
- A deep desire to work in the social impact space while contributing to solving complex societal issues
- A passion for storytelling, communicating brand narratives, and organizing information
- Minimum 3 years experience as a UX designer with experience developing audience journeys, information architecture, sitemaps, and wireframes for large-scale, content-rich websites
- Experience developing people-centered engagement strategies for large websites
- Very comfortable working in Sketch, Figma, Invision, Miro, and Zeplin
Nice-to-Haves That Will Make You Stand Out
- Knowledge of InDesign
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with UX analytics from programs like CrazyEgg or Hotjar
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience with usability testing, card sorting, and tree testing
- Experience working with Google Analytics and/or other digital analytics platforms
- Great writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of WordPress and web development processes
What We Offer:
We do our best to make sure everyone at Constructive is taken care of with a great mix of salary, benefits and perks, opportunities for professional growth, and a healthy dose of time off. We expect this position to have a base salary between $70,000-$84,000 based on experience and value-added skills. In addition, we offer the following robust benefits and perks.
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision
- Defined Annual Profit Sharing Plan
- 401K With Up to 4% Company Match
- Discretionary Performance-based Bonuses
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation (+1 day per year up to 5 additional maximum)
- Paid Vacation From Christmas Eve through New Year's
- Paid 1/2-day Summer Fridays (Approx 16/year)
- 1 Week Paid Personal/Sick Days
- Flexible Work Schedules
- $2K Annual Professional Development Stipend
- New Client Bonuses (3% of First 12 Months of New Work You Proactively Bring In)
- Monthly Virtual Happy Hours & Games
- A Super-Aligned Team That Loves Showing Up for Each Other
- Feeling Great About Your Work Making the World a Better Place
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe strongly that diversity is one of our greatest strengths—that the more perspectives we bring to the mix, the better we are as people and the better partner we are for our clients. So, in considering if Constructive is a good fit for you, know that all we care about is that you’re qualified to do the job, share most or all of our values, and want to be here. These are the things we’ll be evaluating for every applicant—and if you meet those and add to our diversity, all the better.
Submit your application via the link!
What happens next?
If we feel like there’s a good fit, we’ll reach out to you to start the interview process. Here’s what it will look like:
- Initial interview (30-45 minutes)
- Second interview and case study review (1 hour)
- Final conversation and questions (30-45 minutes)