- USA Only
- Location: USA-
Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Be an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is the explosive collision of human- centered design and traditional government contracting. We are an employee- owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government. We’re passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, and scalable while meeting our clients’ ever-changing needs. We believe in empowering our people to find creative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone. We believe that while good design makes for a good product, human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
Who We Are
Steampunk is the explosive collision of human-centered design and traditional government contracting. An employee-owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government, we’re passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, scalable, and most importantly, that meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. At Steampunk, we believe in disrupting the status quo and setting the pace in the ecosystem of government contractors, while creatively improving tried-and-true methodologies. We believe in empowering our people to find innovative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone.
While good design makes for a good product, we believe human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
Our people are the very core of what we do; their expertise and hunger for new and exciting challenges fuel our relentless pursuit of mission success. As part of our team, you’ll test the status quo, explore new boundaries, and set the bar high for how government clients expect to engage with contractors.
Because we value our employees’ work/life balance (and believe those who work hard deserve to play hard), we offer a very competitive benefits package, including telework/flex scheduling, health/dental with orthodontics/vision insurance upon hire, paid time off with a sell-back benefit and carryover option, 11 Federal Holidays, 100% paid military leave, 100% 401(k) plan match upon hire, professional development/education reimbursement, all flexible spending accounts, and more.
We believe effective teams are powered by diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. To that end, Steampunk is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status, amongst our ranks. Additionally, we participate in the E-Verify program.
As a UX designer, you will be responsible for guiding government clients through our Design Intelligence process, incorporating human-centered methods to solve complex user experience challenges. You will plan and execute UX initiatives from discovery through design, prototyping, iteration, and testing. You will serve as the voice of the customer and make sure their needs are considered and met within a proposed solution.
- Participation in all aspects of the design process to understand the user journey, frame problems, define insights, and create a compelling experience vision
- Understand the relevance of and how artifacts like journey maps, service blueprints, personas, ecosystems, and experience maps fit into crafting the user experience
- Conduct user research and effectively translate user needs into actionable strategy
- Design intuitive and elegant digital solutions supported through testing and iterative design
- Drive adoptability and usability of interfaces and systems we develop
- Ensure all deliverables across a variety of projects are produced at the highest quality
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government Security Clearance
- 4 years of professional UX/UI design creating viable solutions for multi-platform digital products, mobile, and responsive web design
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience applying UX methods and tools including wireframing, low and high-fidelity prototyping, and moderated and unmoderated user testing
- Understand how user research should be integrated into developing technology in an agile environment
- UI design skills and familiarity with design systems
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Axure and/or other prototyping tools
- Desire to keep pace with ever-changing industry tools and best practices with the ability to make recommendations as needed for the best outcome
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary groups including service designers, technologists, product managers, and engineers
- A natural curiosity for solving problems coupled with strong analytical skills
- A collaborative nature with excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in a project-based environment
- Degree or equivalent experience in HCD, HCI, and/or UX design
- Experience working on a cross-functional Salesforce implementation team desired but not required
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust