UX Designer At FinTech Start Up
Fluz is aiming to disrupt the mobile payment experience by making it more social. We are a FinTech company sitting in the intersection of social media, payments and retail. We are a fast-moving company that has experienced rapid growth. Over the past year our team has grown from 16 members to over 54 and our business is up 10X.
Learn more at https://Fluz.app. We will sponsor H1B work Visas.
We are looking for a strong candidate to help drive our new product development initiatives. The ideal candidate has experience with mobile app and email design. For candidates who are looking to really grow professionally, this is a great opportunity. You will be exposed to a wide assortment of various responsibilities and challenges.
- Forward-thinking, imaginative, and willing to take risks with your work
- A systematic thinker who sees the big picture (yet is still attentive to details)
- A strong and confident communicator (verbal, written, and visual)
- A proactive problem solver with excellent time management skills
- Always empathetic with and advocating for the customer
- Proficient in current visual/UI trends and best practices designing for desktop, mobile web, apps, and email.
- Proficient in all facets of visual design (typography, graphics, iconography, grid, hierarchy of information, color, etc.)
- Understand our customers and their values deeply; always fiercely advocate from the customers’ perspective
- Develop transactional messaging that will be used at various stages in the user journey across email, push, in-app messaging and more
- Define and execute UX, UI, and visual designs for complex features to support and integrate a cohesive, multi platform consumer experience, independently or with minimal guidance; setting consistent interaction and visual design patterns across our products
- Effectively plan, conduct, and analyze customer research and user testing, independently or with minimal guidance
- Create beautiful designs that are engaging, visually delightful, and will emotionally resonate with our brands’ fans
- Apply and evolve an established visual brand system
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make broad stroke sketches and prototypes
- Optimize designs in the face of technical constraints
- Present and advocate for your ideas and solutions to leadership
- Be autonomous; take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- At least 3 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies, designing for desktop and mobile web as a Product Designer, Visual Designer or similar role
- An exceptional portfolio of consumer-facing cross-platform projects (shipped to market) that demonstrates your ability to elevate a brand through innovative and joyful experiences
- Impeccable aesthetic taste, with an expertise in color, typography, layout composition, and current visual design trends
- Ability to work within an existing brand universe
- Experience with a range of sketch, wire framing and prototyping tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Invision, Sketch, Zeplin, whiteboards, and, pen and paper)
- Experience working in an agile environment with a cross-functional team
- A passion for lifestyle brands is a plus
- Knowledge of HEML and responsive email approaches is a plus.
- Ability to design strong vector illustrations is a plus.
- Knowledge of HEML and responsive email designs approaches is also a plus.
You Will Work With
- Eric Johnson, Product. Eric is the first employee of Fluz. He has witnessed it evolve into everything it is today and has a clear vision of where the company will be going. He helps share that vision with all members of the team and implement the best user journey throughout the business.
- Maurice Harary, Founder. Maurice is one of Fluz’s Co-Founders. He leads business development efforts and product view. A businessman at his core, he loves to build & grow companies. He has built and sold several tech start ups.
- Ken Hirshman, Board Advisor. Ken helped scale Ebates and led their strategic alliances. He managed business development, corporate development, legal, credit card, Ebates In-Store, and the Rakuten Card-Linked Offer Network
- Andreas Antrup, Board Advisor. Andreas is one of Fluz’s board advisors with a technical focus. When he is not advising Fluz, he is managing a team of 400+ AI developers at Europe’s largest fashion retailer, Zolando. Andreas is focused on bringing the same best practices to Fluz.
Entry to Mid level
- Marketing and Advertising
- Mobile Applications
Full Time Employment
- Mobile App Design
- Web Design
Competitive Salaries, Retirement Benefits, Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, Stock Options, Team Socials, Paid vacation days and Insider access.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our connections are our biggest influencers in what we like, what we do, and where we go—people love sharing all the new ways to make life better. Fluz is the only app that fully recognizes this existing social, earning economy and rewards those who amplify it.
Now more than ever is a time to earn extra money. Fluz helps you earn cash back—exponentially. Fluz utilizes the power of compound growth to help you earn cash back beyond your own purchases and connections and to help your network to grow by itself.
Fluz lets members earn around the clock. Unlike other rewards programs, Fluz harnesses the power of your connections to earn cash back through an ever- expanding network. Whenever you, your friends, or even their friends make a purchase, you earn cash back. And they earn cash back, too.