At DISCO, we strongly believe in the uniqueness of thought, experience and perspective that can only be achieved through having an inclusive and diverse workforce. We strive to continue to make DISCO an incredible place to work by fostering a culture of inclusiveness, diversity, openness and collaboration. We value all different kinds of experience, so even if you feel you don't meet all of the necessary criteria for this position, we encourage you to apply.
What is DISCO?
DISCO is the industry standard for managing, organising and sharing music and other media. We make music and media workflow fast, intuitive and simple, directly connecting people and their work to save time. Today we count UMG, Sony, Warner Music, Netflix, Amazon and Rockstar Games among our customers, and over 250,000 people interact with DISCO each month. Our customers are super passionate about our product.
Who uses DISCO?
Think of a composer creating a score for a Netflix documentary – they upload it to DISCO and share it with Netflix, who are also on DISCO.
As a UX Designer at DISCO, you will have a great impact on our mission to build the world’s best product for managing and discovering music. You will dive into our customers’ workflows, and create innovative product designs that efficiently solve customer problems, based on in-depth user research. You will also work cross-functionally with our engineering, sales and support teams.
We are looking for a Los Angeles-based UX Designer, who has experience working in Figma, as well as SaaS product design. You should be comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively based on business needs, and open to working from our co-working space ( located in East Hollywood ) at least 1-2 days and/or as needed.
Your duties will include:
- Conducting user research and interviews in-person and virtually via Zoom, Usability Hub, etc.
- Developing wireframes and prototype
- Creating user journeys and user personas
- Developing UI designs
- At least 3 years in full time UX design roles
- A portfolio with at least 3 launched design projects
- Strong user research experience
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and frontend development
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
At DISCO, our employees have told us what benefits mean the most to them, and we've listened. So as a DISCO employee, you will work remotely from home (or a co-working space) whilst being supported by a friendly and fun international team.
In addition, you will receive:
- A competitive salary in a fast-growing startup
- Office set-up allowance
- Annual learning and development allowance
- Four weeks of paid vacation leave per year
- Paid bank/public holidays as outlined in our Leave Policy
- Two weeks of paid sick leave per year
- Paid Parental Leave
- A company laptop
- Monthly internet allowance/reimbursement
- The ability to work how you want. We’re not heavy on rule books. Everyone is trusted to figure out the best way to work, we just ask that you’re available to work with the L.A. team at our co-working space
To apply for this position, please submit your application along with a link to your folio.
DISCO is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals who have disabilities. If you require any reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please note this in your cover letter and we will reach out to you.