- USA Only
- 7 applicants (39%)
Type of Work: Full-Time
Compensation Range: $85,000-$100,000
About the Role
As a UX Designer at ClockShark you’ll solve tough problems for hardworking businesses. You’ll collaborate with talented engineers, product managers, designers, and researchers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. Using your skills in concepting, research, prototyping, and visual design, you’ll create useful, functional, and impactful experiences that change the way people do business, making lives easier. As a designer on a small but mighty team, you’ll have an impact on our design system, product process and the way that we collaborate with each other.
The role demands system thinking, great execution, bold innovation, obsessive curiosity, and true optimism, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
What You’ll Do
- Tackle complex UX challenges and design end-to-end experiences that are simple and elegant
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and other designers to quickly and iteratively turn broad, conceptual ideas into useful and valuable solutions
- Take ownership of design problems and create testable prototypes
- Brainstorm and collaborate with your design team mates to help raise the bar on the entire ClockShark experience
- Drive a consistent content experience, balancing user needs, business objectives, and technology constraints to create the highest quality, best possible experience
- Perform heuristic evaluations, content audits, or competitive analyses of existing content experiences to identify areas of potential improvement
- Assist in creating information architecture frameworks, content models, wireframes, taxonomies, content governance documentation, style guidelines, and priority guides to communicate the overall content plan
- Create user personas, journey maps, etc. and adapt content to different user segments and intents
- Partner closely with UX designers to ensure the content in your designs contributes to a useful, usable and engaging user experience
- In collaboration with product partners, craft success metrics that are testable and provable
- Lead user testing and research to identify opportunities to reduce friction and improve overall user experience through qualitative data
- Interpret both qualitative and quantitative data and use it to make sound data-driven content decisions and design recommendations
- Help define and evangelize the role of UX content at Clockshark and in the broader community of content professionals
- Assist in establishing, documenting, and socializing best practices and processes
- Participate in critiques and take action on feedback from design teammates
Who You Are
- 2+ years UX Design experience -OR- 1 year UX design experience with completion of UX design boot camp (such as Springboard)
- Experience building products for Android, iOS, and web
- A portfolio showing your high quality and thoughtful UI and UX work
- Ability to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams and levels
- Capable of conveying ideas clearly to a variety of people and clearly demonstrate how your designs solve user problems and add value
- Knowledge of mobile and web design patterns
- A track record of shipping phenomenal design with an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle, and ability to make vital tradeoff decisions
- Experience grounding your decisions in real data, market needs & norms, and business OKRs
- Skilled in Interaction Design—defining how an experience should behave based on a clear understanding of user needs, and consideration of how it will scale.
- Proficiency in typography, responsive UI, color, layout, iconography, and accessibility, and how these impact product function
What You’ll Love
You’ll love working closely with cross-functional teams to build a great product. You’ll see concepts through the development process and reach end users to solve real problems and measure your success. Every day brings new challenges and you’ll be on the front lines of solving them.
What Will Challenge You
Put all your creativity, critical thinking, and analytical skills to work alongside our team to determine the best opportunities to tackle. You’ll be a key part of the product lifecycle, working with engineers to produce software, collect feedback from users, and measure the effectiveness of software to determine the next steps for our product.
Why Work With Us?
At ClockShark you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, yet fun atmosphere. Expect a collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude, attitude, and appetite for learning will have an opportunity to grow their careers quickly.
ClockShark embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.