- 13 applicants (20%)
As a UX Designer, you will join a cross-functional product development team responsible for shaping the user experience at Brad’s Deals. You will bring design thinking and a human-centered design process to support product development with research, visioning, design, and testing in an agile environment. You will be instrumental in refreshing, expanding, and improving the quality of the design system that provides the foundation for everything we build. You will help shape the visual identity across Brad’s Deals B2C, B2B, and internal products and ensure each channel lives up to our brand promise.
About Brad’s Deals:
At Brad’s Deals, we’re real people that are passionate about creating the consumer advantage. Our editorial experts scour the internet every day for best-of-web prices on just about everything. To power our next phase of growth, we are building all-new ways for our team of experts to publish, merchandise, and deliver to consumers the best deals online...no matter where they are.
We also believe people do their best work where they feel most comfortable so the work location of this position is flexible except that the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado, California, Florida, Connecticut, or Washington and the candidate must be eligible to work inside the United States.
At Brad’s Deals
You will work across teams to shape the content and design system and its
parts, to ensure they are both beautifully crafted and well-maintained
- Your contributions will directly improve the experience of our members, merchant partners, and internal teams
- You will work with Product Management to develop user personas and journey maps and support our internal processes for user testing and user research
- You will collaborate with colleagues outside of the Product Design and Product Management teams including engineers, content creators, marketers, and business development teams
- You will have a voice in everything we do. At Brad’s Deals, everyone has a voice regardless of seniority
What you will be working on:
- Lead UX and UI design projects of varying size and scope
- Engage with product development teams to support the design process for our consumer website and mobile applications, B2B portal, and internal tools
- Collaborate with marketing and merchandising teams to create delightful and engaging content experiences, composed of design system primitives
- Work with stakeholders to translate requirements into effective UX and UI design solutions that leverage and build upon our brand and design patterns
- Document and present your solutions with low-to-high fidelity wireframes, mocks, and prototypes that demonstrate the functionality and overall user journey
- Communicate clearly about your designs to other project stakeholders
- Design for accessibility standards across web and mobile platforms
Assist in quantitative and qualitative research and testing activities
Work with engineering and product teams to continue the development of our established component library and pattern libraries
- Help grow and elevate the design team by helping hire and mentor other designers
Who you are...
- 5+ years of product design experience
- BA/BS in HCI, Design, or a related field — or equivalent work experience
- Empathy for users and a curiosity to understand their needs
- Robust experience using Figma for rapid prototyping in an agile team
- Experience developing, maintaining, and extending design systems
- Foundational knowledge of best practices for UX for mobile web, iOS, and Android applications
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your problem solving and design skills
- Experience using industry-standard design tools
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Commitment to building accessible user interfaces and familiarity with WCAG guidelines
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, remote-first environment
- Industry experience within e-commerce, publishing, or digital media
- Experience with user research and testing
- Experience in Information Architecture, Process Design, and Problem/Friction Identification
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS/JS
- Experience with user analytics tools such as Heap, Pendo, Others
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior designers
Started by Brad in 2001, our purpose remains the same to help create smarter shopping habits and to keep it real with expert lifestyle and financial advice.
Our culture embraces diversity with different talents, experiences, and backgrounds that help us be exceptional together. With competitive pay, full health benefits, 401K match, plenty of paid time off including a paid sabbatical, and creative perks, we also believe in work-life integration and continued learning.
As one of the 50 Best Places to Work, we partner with over 2,500 retailers to help 5.5 million consumers save more every month. So if you want to challenge the ordinary and love what you do , we want to hear from you.
Brad’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Embrace diversity’ is one of our core values because our differences make us stronger together. To make the world a more inclusive and safe place, we start within our company to intentionally lead with equal opportunities. We encourage the value that unique talents, ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences bring to our company, our employees, and our future applicants. We welcome all applicants, whether or not you meet every qualification, to share your unique talents with us. Read more about this here.
For e-verify information, please click here.
"Love what you do" and our Commitment to your Personal Growth
At Brad’s Deals, our culture invites creativity, passion, and career empowerment to help you thrive. We champion employees to create their personal paths to success and are proud to be above the industry average in employee promotions earned every year. An entrepreneurial spirit supports our commitment to employee growth and being exceptional together with unique talents, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences.