UX Design Lead, Levity
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title:UX Design Lead, Levity (Contract)
Ruggable is a Los Angeles-based, venture-backed, rapidly growing e-commerce startup that is disrupting the $7B rug industry and revolutionizing the market for residential rugs. Our patented 2-Piece Rug System allows you to remove the top layer of your rug and wash it in your home washing machine, offering an affordable, stylish and convenient solution for young families, pet owners, and busy individuals. We’re a small, entrepreneurial team with big ambitions. We have a strong brand, established traction, and amazing advisors fueling our steady growth. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor and solve for complex challenges, while charting your own career.
Levity (levityhome.com) is a new brand in the Ruggable portfolio. Launched in December 2020, Levity’s mission is to build and deliver innovative furniture products that let our customers live without worry. Much like Ruggable rugs, our patent-pending Chair Systems have removable upholstery that can be washed in a home washing machine and easily interchanged for new styles. Though it varies across functions, we operate largely independently (think: startup within a startup), giving you the unique ability to help shape the early trajectory of this new business.
We are looking for a UX Design Lead to join our Levity eCommerce team to lead our eCommerce UIUX site strategy and cross-functional design efforts. You will own the overall website architecture, shopping experience, and brand design. This role will be an opportunity to think strategically and guide the overall development of the brand, while also working hands-on in concepting, designing, and executing. In this role, you will work closely with the Creative Director to expand the brand identity of Levity and the Engineering team to implement designs according to the product roadmap. We’re excited for this UX Design Lead to make a tremendous impact on the overall trajectory of our brand!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead UX concepting, prototyping, and brand development with the goal of attracting customers, improving conversion, and enhancing Levity’s brand equity
- Execute on UX Design roadmap: includes refining UI elements, creating landing pages, building net new web pages, designing homepage components as needed
- Work closely with software engineers to handoff, QA, and deploy new features and designs
- Work closely with the Creative Director, eCommerce Director, and Marketing teams to deliver UX design needs for website and marketing materials
- Support new product launches and partnership launches by concepting and designing UX components to promote and showcase on the site
- Own brand guidelines and ensure all touch points are cohesive and effectively communicate our brand identity
What You’ll Need to Have:
- 3-6 years of experience in UX design, specifically focused in eCommerce/D2C
- Effective communication and ability to facilitate across product-design-engineering teams in early stages of key projects
- A creative eye and knack for composing clean, eye-catching designs; ability to conceptualize and brainstorm new ways to reinvent the shopper experience and create beautiful web design
- Ability to take strategic goals and translate into tactical development steps, working on a timeline to hit company goals
- Self-motivated work ethic and ability to push projects forward in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Figma required
- Entrepreneurial mindset and eagerness to learn every day
- $65,000 – $82,000 per year
At Ruggable, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Ruggable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We proudly recruit and hire a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
To all recruitment agencies: Ruggable does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ruggable employees or any other company destination. Ruggable is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.