User Interface/ Visual Design Position
- USA Only
A little about Copper Banking
We are a fast-growing startup that has the rare opportunity to build a successful company and do some good in the world at the same time. Copper has raised over $13 million in seed funding from a prominent group of investors. We are looking for an experienced User Interface/Visual Designer to come get in on the ground floor and help launch Seattle’s next big B2C company within the finance industry.
Did you know that nearly 80% of adults in the U.S. live paycheck to paycheck? The problem starts early: there are 35 million teenagers in the U.S. that are not well-served by current banks and receive almost no financial education. For parents and teens, navigating the conversation around finances is both daunting and frustrating, making money the #1 cause of conflict between parents and teens within the home.
Copper banking is the first of its kind, all-digital banking platform for teenagers and their parents. Copper teaches teens how to make smart financial decisions by developing patterned behaviors in a digital experience.
What to expect in your role
You will be joining an agile and lean, well-funded product and design team that has built successful venture-backed businesses in the past, and are ready to do it again. We are looking for an exceptional designer to help us deliver on our promise to our users. We value the importance of design and our design team is very small, but growing fast! We believe having a simple and intuitive design is critical to a company’s success. You will report directly to the Director of Product Design and will collaborate on the delivery of new product features and marketing campaigns.
What you’ll do
- Design stunning mobile experiences for our users by leveraging your full range of product design skills including user experience, information architecture and visual design.
- Create engaging and brand-consistent visual designs
- Apply thoughtful and meaningful design solutions for brand campaigns, digital ads, email marketing, style guides, websites and mobile app experiences
- Develop final production-ready designs from initial concepts
- Participate in all stages of the design process: planning, prioritizing, scheduling, designing prototypes, design releases, etc.
- Ability to create design mockups at high quality with fast turnaround, and ability to iterate quickly to visualize and evolve visual design solutions.
What your experience looks like
- 2+ years of building simple and beautiful user interfaces, ideally with significant mobile and web experience.
- Ability to create eye-catching visual interactions
- Some User Experience design experience
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your experience in visual design
- Experience with designing brand and marketing campaigns
- Experience building or helping implement a design system
- Excellent communication skills and experience working within an agile/lean product and design team
- A startup mentality: you understand that we have a lot to figure out and plans will change. You will roll with the punches and work with the team and Product design Director to translate design and business requirements into visual masterpieces.
- You will be a good fit for us if you are a self-starter that thinks big and you share some of our core values: humility, inclusiveness, curiosity and designing beautiful products that make our user’s lives better.
- A keen knowledge in design accessibility standards
- Must be located within the Pacific or Mountain time zones or capable of working those hours.
It would be nice if you had
- A Bachelor's degree or better
- Financial Industry experience
- Completed a UX/UI bootcamp
- Digital agency experience
You should have high proficiency using these tools
- Figma and Sketch
- Webflow (Website development tool)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, AfterEffects, Photoshop, etc)
Benefits & Perks
- We offer competitive cash and equity compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance
- 401k & matching
- Paid time off
- Sane work/life balance
- Perhaps most importantly, we believe that building a company should be a fun and rewarding journey for everyone
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.