User Experience Designer
As an Interaction Designer, you will collaborate with others to understand user problems, and solve them by applying user experience design principles to the user interface.
CafeMedia’s online platform gives publishers the ability to track and improve their site performance and optimize their content for better SEO results.
Strong candidates can balance solving business goals and user needs and using research and data to inform the design of user experiences.
What you will be doing:
- Making products useful, usable, valuable, desirable, findable, credible, and accessible.
- The meticulous work behind maintaining a design library’s style guide, components, patterns, and templates.
- The detailed work behind maintaining UX documentation, including best practice guidelines, copy style guides and component usage documentation.
- Ensuring consistency in the application of the design system across all products.
- Conceptualizing new products and features through wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts.
- Leveraging qualitative and quantitative research to inform and test design decisions.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to introduce, iterate, and clarify requirements.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer
- Experience and examples building and maintaining design libraries
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for complex web applications
- Deep understanding and experience in leading user-centered design methods and best practices
- Experience in conducting user research, facilitating interviews and usability testing with internal and external clients and prove this in your design thinking/solutions
- Experience using quantitative data, qualitative feedback, user research, competitive analysis and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product
- Experience creating user stories, personas, storyboards, prototypes, and wireframes to translate complex requirements into easy user flows
- Ability to determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Successful advocate of solutions among peers, clients, and executive leadership
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 3,600 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best — produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 10th largest digital property in the U.S. and
1 in Food, Family, Home, and Lifestyle--with a reach of nearly 181M monthly
unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.