User Experience Designer
- USA Only
- Tracking Code 673-362
When you come onboard at Sun Country Airlines, you are joining an experienced team of driven and talented employees. We affordably connect guests to their favorite people, places and memories, and we do it by cultivating a culture that encourages our team to pursue their passions in the air and on the ground – allowing you to Fly at the Speed of Life. We take pride in our company, culture, and comradery, and would love to have you join us.
The UX designer will work on both big-vision and fast-execution projects. The UX designer will focus on solving problems and iterating towards a solution while working side-by-side with a talented team of product managers, and software developers in an agile environment. As a part of this team the UX designer will help develop product concepts, define requirements, build, and launch new products to production.
This position is remote and open to candidates outside of MN.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Own the entire design process, from early discovery and initial sketches to product delivery and pixel-tweaking high-fidelity designs with developers
- Collaborate with others including, product managers, developers, QA staff, and partners in marketing
- Design flows that are intuitive, elegant and provide value for our travelers while accounting for a wide variety of scenarios
- Consider market analysis, session recording data, A/B testing data, customer feedback, and technical constraints/opportunities when creating user-centric designs
- Illustrate and communicate design solutions by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, and style guides in collaboration with brand specialists
- Maintain a library of components and/or templates that can be used within a content management system
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- 2 or more years in UX related role (e.g., Interaction Designer, Information Architect, Visual Designer, Product Designer)
- Familiarity or previous experience working with a content management system
- ADA Standards for Accessible Design experience
- 2 or more years of experience using UX best practices such as user centered design, interaction design, information architecture, visual/graphic design and usability principles and techniques
- Portfolio of design work demonstrating a strong understanding of design process and a capacity to create compelling design solutions
- Experience working on a collaborative agile software development team
- Enjoys crossing back and forth between UX and graphic design
- Apply a user-centered design approach using Google Material design
- Know when to follow “best practices” and when to innovate
- Proficient in Sketch and InVision, or similar programs, for wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity designs
- Gracefully articulate and defend design decisions to product managers, stakeholders and leaders
- Can work independently at a fast-paced company where the feedback cycle is measured in hours rather than weeks
- Passion for design and creating amazing UI experiences
- Flexibility surrounding different project types and timelines
- Highly responsible, organized, collaborative and self-motivated
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Sun Country Airlines is an E-Verify Employer. We participate in the web-based system that allows the company to verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Sun Country Airlines is a Zero Tolerance Drug-Free Workplace for all Safety- Sensitive functions.  A safety-sensitive function, as described in 14 CFR part 120, §§ 120.105 and 120.215, includes a flight crewmember, flight attendant, flight instructor, aircraft dispatcher, aircraft maintenance or preventive maintenance, ground security coordinator, aviation screener, air traffic controller, and operations control specialist. I understand and acknowledge that I will be required to undergo a DOT/FAA pre-employment drug test for the following prohibited drug (as defined in 49 CFR § 40.85) prior to being hired or transferred into a Department of Transportation (DOT) safety- sensitive position as defined in 14 CFR part 120: All prospective employees are subject to pre-employment testing for the following drugs and their metabolites: Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines, Opioids and Phencyclidine (PCP).
Job Location Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular