User Experience Designer
- USA Only
Foster Made is looking to hire an experienced User Experience Designer to join our growing team in Richmond, VA. We are a tight-knit group of people on a mission to deliver exceptional digital experiences that exceed the status quo. Guided by a shared set of values and a growth mindset, we thrive in an environment of collaboration and trust, always working together with humility and respect to answer the question, "how can we do this better?" We are deeply motivated by the success of our clients and the health and well-being of our team; believing that the quality of services we provide is a reflection of our commitment to hiring and retaining the best people Richmond has to offer.
This is a full-time position for a User Experience Designer with at least 3-5 years of professional experience in an agency setting. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, collaborative, and ready to contribute thoughtfully delivered, beautifully crafted digital interfaces. Excellent communication skills are also a must.
What we can expect from you
- You have at least 3-5 years of professional experience in an agency setting or related field with proven experience designing common digital experiences including responsive and adaptive websites and mobile applications.
- You’re proficient in using industry-leading design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), and prototyping tools such as InVision, and you know what tool to use when. (Flexin shortcuts is a plus).
- You have a strong understanding of design elements (such as composition, color, and typography), and you know how to apply that understanding to design intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation.
- You’re capable of designing for a broad range of clients and their diverse audiences and needs. You’re willing and able to perform UX activities and user research to guide and support your design thinking.
- Your process includes working from low fidelity to high fidelity when the situation calls for it, and you have experience creating prototypes to convey interactive design concepts. You’re able to present and communicate your designs thoughtfully.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills within cross-disciplinary teams. Working closely with creative teams and developers to ensure the solidity of design systems is kind of your thing.
- You are familiar with emerging platforms and passionate about keeping up with new technologies and industry trends. You appreciate and know the difference between what’s good and what’s a fad.
You‘re able to multitask under tight deadlines, provide estimates, and stay on schedule and on budget. You know and own your workflow to not only get the job done, but to do it really well.
Passion for translating abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces.
- Respect for best UX practices and human-centered design.
- Self-motivated, attentive to details, and accountable for your work.
- Excited to contribute, prepared to lead, open to feedback, and capable of taking direction.
- Totally on board with our 8 company values (you can read them here).