- USA Only
Who is Sandstorm®?
We are a tech-fueled digital brand experience agency with a mission to do good work for good people. We collaborate with our clients to utilize data and technology in thoughtful, conceptual ways, that are grounded in user research principles & client needs. Focused on connecting the dots in new ways, Sandstormers look to leverage and enhance our clients’ positive attributes and better align their brands with their users’ needs. We work with large amazing brands (CLR Brands, NOW Foods, Crown Holdings, ) and interesting niche players too. If you want to do big Agency digital work, in a boutique environment, we’re the place for you.
Reporting directly to the VP of UX and Creative, the UI/Visual Designer is a visual problem solver responsible for concepting and designing digital and print solutions for our Clients. You will be collaborating with like-minded designers, copywriters, Information Architects and developers within an agile environment. You’ll be creating user interfaces, website design, video storyboards, interactive experiences, logos, brand boards, corporate identities, ads, banner ads, HTML emails, brochures, sell sheets, postcards, PowerPoint presentations, proposals, infographics, and annual reports. Additional projects may include wireframes, user research, persona development, and usability studies.
- Developing strategic and cohesive visual concepts and graphics assets for new and established brands for use online and offline
- Designing user-centered interfaces while considering the business needs for web sites and web applications
- Building and launching visually new and existing brands across all media
- Collaborating closely with our copywriters, designers, directors and VP of UX and Creative and the Associate Creative Director to produce thought-provoking, strategically driven and user-centric creative executions
- Partnering with developers in creating user-centered executions that also reflect the budgetary and scheduling requirements
- Know and implement UX/UI principles and accessibility best practices
- Help build strong relationships with clients through project kick-offs, ongoing meetings and the presentation of concepts
- Five to ten years experience as a User Interface/Visual Designer or similar role
- Outstanding portfolio of work to demonstrate experience
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Strong understanding of industry-standard graphics software such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with Axure is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Takes pride in the details
Who works at Sandstorm?
At our core, we are a team of compulsive problem solvers and solution-seekers; always thinking about what could be and implementing it. Our cross-functional teams of creatives, technologists and strategists work collaboratively to solve our clients’ problems across a variety of disciplines and therefore provide solutions that are easily integrated into our clients’ organizations.
We play well with others and have found that clients benefit most when all partners are aligned and working well together. This follows our “Yes, and” philosophy of always listening and building upon ideas, no matter where they originate.
Why join Sandstorm?
Our team is constantly evolving and growing both as employees and as professionals in our industry. Our culture is grounded in our three core values:
1. Be Curious – Continuous, collaborative improvement is fundamental
2. Warrior Spirit – We are a team and in it together. Persevere!
3. Having FUN! – Showcased by our monthly “You Rocks!” and annual events like Halloween costume contests & guacamole contests, plus other random Super Secret Sandstorm events!
We have amazing benefits too! Free snacks/beverages in the fridge, 4% match in your 401K, $50/month contribution into your HSA, great hours for work/life balance, paid volunteer days, company lunches, and your birthday is a day off here!