UI/UX Product Designer
Founded in 2019, Wasmer is an open-source Infrastructure project building the future of Cloud Computing. The platform is driven and developed by the community. Wasmer Inc. is behind the popular open-source WebAssembly runtime Wasmer and WebAssembly Package Manager (WAPM).
Our mission is to make software universally available. We are committed to the open-source community and strive to contribute to developers and companies worldwide to help make Wasmer and WebAssembly a standard for universal computation.
🙋♂️ About You
You are a highly-skilled user experience(UX) designer capable of creating and managing information architectures, designing custom graphics and icons, and want to work on the software that will power the next generation of Cloud and Edge Computing platforms using WebAssembly.
🧑🎨 What you'll do
- Own the information architecture for Wasmer products
- Build user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to help validate product hypotheses to help guide engineering and product development.
- Research and understand the target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and create relevant artifacts, such as personas, and journey maps.
- Conduct user research such as usability testing, surveys, heuristics evaluations, interviews, and contextual inquiries.
- Convey the expected experience through supporting documentation, such as user stories, requirements, or functional annotations.
- Create an efficient and reusable UI design system.
🎨 What You Need
- 5+ years of progressive product design and engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer for SaaS, Web3 or Infrastructure software.
- Proficiency with prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD,
- A positive and respectful attitude.
- Nice to have: Visual design experience building custom icons and graphics with tools like Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Nice to have: Experience with research and usability testing tools such as UserTesting.com, Userlytics.com, Pendo, etc.
🌱 Your Qualifications
- 5+ years of software product design experience
- Bachelors/Master's degree (nice to have), or equivalent experience
🚀 Why Join Us?
You want to work for a start-up focused on solving real problems with an open- source community-first approach to building a business.
Our mission is to make software universally available.
- Competitive salary
- Generous vacation policy
- Flexible and or remote work policies
- Health coverage
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Monthly donation for open-source contributions
Availability: At the earliest possible date
Location: Remote (Europe or US East Coast timezone)
If you are interested, please send us your CV with the portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org