- USA Only
- 16 applicants (21%)
UX/UI Designer (Remote)
ShopPad is a Top 10 Shopify app creator and operator made up of Engineers, Marketers, Customer Success partners, cute cats, and all-around fantastically fun people helping merchants grow and scale their businesses with our 11 popular Shopify apps. There's no one better, there's no one greater.
We are hiring a legendary UX Designer to lead our design efforts within our favorite app (shh, don't tell the others), MESA the easy-to-use answer for automating the everyday challenges of running a Shopify store. This is the first in-house design role created within ShopPad and will report directly to the super awesome Product Manager of MESA. We value this role as you will be a founding member of the design team and have a defining voice in how we develop and iterate on MESA moving forward. The Product Manager also wants someone to geek out about design on the daily, and you would be that someone.
Who we are
We are a passionate, trivia-loving, distributed team of e-commerce partners helping merchants build and manage their businesses with our constellation of Shopify apps. We're kind of a big deal in the Shopify ecosystem where we currently support over 90,000 retailers across the globe. We've been building some pretty sweet stuff for the last 10 years, and like a fine wine, we're only improving with age. So if you’re someone who is driven and is looking to craft powerful experiences that contribute to making a real impact for business owners, then we'll definitely want to hear from you.
You are an experienced UX/UI Designer with a background in either SaaS or e-commerce with a burning desire to create unique user experiences that help merchants run their businesses. Boring designs burn your eyes and it's your mission in life to bring good design to the people. You choose to gain insights directly from customers rather than make assumptions by having high user empathy. You can look at a UX flow and envision a more user-friendly, kick-ass version with less friction. You’re motivated by results rather than just making things pretty. Delivering pixel-perfect design files with all the various states accounted for is your forte. You understand Friends references and totally caught the one in the opening paragraph.
You’ll Get To
- Work collaboratively with the dynamic duo, Product and Engineering to design solutions for our app, MESA.
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and define user flows that support business objectives and ensure a consistent user experience.
- Apply user-centric design techniques to help identify usability problems and iterate on solutions.
- Use your autonomy to conduct user research to explore ideas that push the product in new and innovative ways.
- Design creative solutions for technical limitations that arise.
- Evaluate customer and stakeholder feedback to convert ideas into user-friendly and intuitive experiences that delight and set us apart from our competitors.
- Flex your creative prowess and champion your work throughout development to ensure consistency and thoroughness are carried through from design inception to the end user.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of user experience (UX) design principles and processes
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate design decisions to stakeholders
- Ability to design and iterate effectively when priorities and conditions change
- Fluency in Figma
- An online portfolio showcasing your user-centric design solutions
- Experience with conducting usability and A/B testing is a plus
- Familiarity with Shopify or e-commerce is a plus
- Competitive Salary: Your compensation is the same no matter where you live or where the wind takes you. $80,000 - $100,000 per year.
- Wellness: Medical (Anthem, employees in California also have Kaiser HMO as an option), Dental (Guardian) & Vision (CoPower) + 72 hours of paid sick time each year
- Paid Time Off: Three weeks of vacation (increasing to four after your 4-year anniversary) + fourteen company holidays + your birthday
- 401k: We match 100% of your contribution up to 2% of salary
- Remote Work: Work from home, or on a hut on the beach somewhere
- Sabbatical: Once you’ve been at ShopPad for 5 years you get a fully paid month off in addition to regular vacation
- Home Office: $1,000 to make your home office awesome & $65 a month for your home internet
- Parental Leave: 4 weeks of paid leave for all new parents (including adoption)
- Fun: Every month we host company-wide events like trivia, cooking classes, game nights, virtual escape rooms, wine tastings, movies, and more
- Giving Back: Your charitable donations will be matched up to $500 each year because we want to support the organizations that are important to you
- Equipment: We’ll provide ShopPad swag, a new MacBook Pro, and all of the basics to get you started
- Team Trips: Week-long, all-expenses-paid retreats to work and play in person