- USA Only
The UI/UX Designer II role relies on user-centered design methods to craft industry-leading user experiences—from concept to execution. They collaborate with design partners to leverage and evolve the Clayton brand. They take complex tasks and make them intuitive and easy-to-use for our online customers. Throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—this person envisions how people will experience our products and brings that vision to life.
- Create new designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, concepts, and prototypes while representing the user to define product requirements
- Design concepts reflect and stay consistent with brand style
- Implement feedback throughout the process received from design reviews
- Work to execute a UX vision and communicate design intent to both internal and external teams
- Rationalize design work and advocate for users’ needs
- Understand and implement business unit goals into a design vision that is customer experience focused and goal driven
- Deliver the designs for each release by following through on details with the development team and driving fit-and-finish polish
- Meet with the team and/or stakeholders to determine the scope of a project and present final products to business unit stakeholders
- Train/ mentor newer teammates
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 3 years related experience required; four years of experience preferred in Graphic Design, Animation, UI development and prototyping in various platforms preferred
- Experience working on a product from inception to shipment
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate concepts clearly and persuasively
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Strong understanding of digital design across various media, including websites, landing pages, social media platforms, and point of purchase
- Self-motivated, proactive, takes initiative to lead, desire to grow and learn
- Professional, culturally aware, easily builds rapport with people at all organizational levels
- Familiarity with both flex and remote work
Experience using this software and hardware:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- After Effects & Premiere are a plus
- Basic understanding of frontend development
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Teamwork (and other project management tools)
- MacBook Pro
- Clayton offers competitive benefits such as 401(K) including 100% company match of the first 4%, medical dental and vision plans, paid time off, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and more.
- Clayton has been awarded spots on several Forbes Lists including America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for Women.
- Clayton takes a holistic approach to Team Member wellness, offering professional development programs that focus on emotional, social, intellectual, environmental, physical, financial wellbeing, and diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging.
- Clayton’s Home Office features an onsite restaurant, fitness center with full gym and yoga studio, and newly renovated office spaces to fit a variety of work styles.
- Clayton Team Members are kind to each other and our customers – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.