UI/UX Design Lead
- 9 applicants (18%)
UI/UX Design Lead
AUSTRALIA PRODUCT & DESIGN FULL-TIME / $120k AUD + SUPER
Shorthand is a growing company that provides an innovative digital publishing platform to many of the world’s best known publishers, brands, not-for- profits, and universities. We’re proud of what we’ve built so far but there’s so much more to do! That’s where you come in. There’s never been a more exciting time to join our band of geeks with art and heart. Shorthand is investor-backed, but resourcefulness and efficient growth are baked into our DNA.
We’re a fully remote workplace with staff across Australia, New Zealand, the UK, the USA and more.
As a UI/UX designer at Shorthand you will join a small, passionate team who are at the forefront of professional visual communications for the web.
Reporting to the head of our Design team, you will work closely with design team colleagues, software engineers and others on designing and improving the Shorthand product to help our customers tell their stories in new and engaging ways.
We don’t create our designs and throw them over the fence to be developed - we work cross-functionally to conceptualise and iterate on solutions.
We are looking for someone based in Australia with exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English.
What we’re looking for:
- A digital portfolio that demonstrates a high standard of problem solving and execution.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience, ideally on a web-based SaaS product.
- Experience designing UX that turns complex problems into elegant, responsive solutions that are simple to use and understand
- Experience designing cohesive and highly polished UI, and creating and contributing to UI design systems.
- Experience conducting, documenting, and interpreting basic user research, as well as testing concepts with users.
- Experience using Figma (or similar) to create interactive prototypes and design artefacts that clearly articulate concepts.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience with cross-functional collaboration and communication.
- A highly inquisitive, solution-focussed self-starter, always looking for new and simpler ways to solve problems and create value through innovative design solutions
- A preference for working remotely.
What we can offer:
- Be part of a unique, product focussed team where your voice will be heard and you will have influence.
- Help to design innovative features that allow customers to tell their stories in new and engaging ways and push the boundaries of digital storytelling while remaining simple to use for anyone with a story to tell.
- Work on a product that is used by some of the biggest brands in digital storytelling (such as the BBC).
- Create work you are proud of and that has a measurable effect on our customers ability to engage their audiences.
- Plenty of room to grow professionally.
- Be a key member of an established but rapidly growing company.
- Need to do school pickup or drop-off? Like to go for a run or a walk during the day to keep sharp? We are a flexible, fully remote working environment that is well compensated, and includes a health and wellness fund, as well as an allowance to kit out your home office or to work from a co-working space of your choice.