UI Product Designer
FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today, we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top- selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores.We're a fast-growing funded scale-up breaking new grounds in how people move. With backing from top investors such as Hiro Capital we've achieved 1M+ downloads were changing even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
FitXR have been rated one of the top 10 in The Informations, 50 Most Promising Startups
Find out more here
As a Senior Product Designer (UI) you will be responsible for creating interfaces and overlays to support gameplay and core functionality. You will help establish workflows, incremental features and improve user experience to help us continue building world-class VR games.
What you’ll do 👀
- Create and maintain high quality assets for user interfaces, establishing and improving our overall UI creation pipeline.
- Interact with other disciplines to push our tools and pipelines.
- Define interactions and transitions.
- Provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Perform within production schedules whilst maintaining high-quality work.
- Contribute towards building new workflows and techniques.
- Help artists to ensure assets are created correctly for implementation.
Tech Stack 💻
You should apply if ✅
- Relevant experience in a similar role with multiple games shipped.
- You have a solid understanding of UI production in Unity.
- Proficiency in creating motion design concepts and video production.
- It would be amazing if you have AR/VR experience (but not essential!)
Our mission is to make fitness fun and accessible for everyone. To build inclusive products, we need to build an inclusive team. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot. We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at FitXR.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Portfolio Review (as part of application)
- Hiring Manager + Art Team interview (1 hour)
- Art Workshop (1 hour)
- Founder Interview (30 mins)
Our benefits are hosted on which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
🌎 Fully remote: your life, your way of working
🏝 Unlimited annual leave
💰 Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
📈 Stock options
🌱£800 per annum learning budget
🧘 £900 per annum wellbeing budget
🏡£400 work from home budget
🤗 Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
💻 Laptop & VR headset
⛑ Private Health Insurance
🚴♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
👶 12 weeks full paid family leave