- 31 applicants
Join our Logos brand studio and design the next-generation of governing
services and social institutions
Please make sure you read the job description with care. We would love to hear your thoughts about our design principles and manifestation as part of your application
Status is an organization building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. We have been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 120+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe. We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
Our organization is closely involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, and this role will enable you to focus on its development. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens. Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions - paving the way to economic opportunities to those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.
In order to promote the ideas behind Logos and its vision, we have created a brand studio called acid.info and you will be part of it. acid.info is the studio and creative engine within the Logos DAO. Our mission is to build, and ensure, technologies and creativity that supports freedom, justice, and innovation for all people of the world.
There are multiple departments embedded within our studio; Future Lab for experimentations, Press engine for copywriting , editing and content , Hype Machine for marketing and PR and The factory for production. Your primary role will be mainly within The Factory and so helping with the production line for studio’s projects including the ones from other departments. As secondary role you are always welcome to contribute and engage with other departments incase you are interested.
As a UI/UX Designer you are responsible for designing and prototyping user interfaces for various websites from concept and wireframing to developing interactive prototypes. While your design needs to respect our design philosophy and be in accordance with our design systems, we expect you to reflect on and contribute to these systems since you will be the first hire in this position. Hence, it is important that you can expand and contribute to the foundations of our design language.
Who you are
- Your design process drives from research and concept development. Your design reflects upon problems and not trends; your design has a story
- You are aligned with our vision; believing trust-minimized technologies will pave the way to a world where more humane social institutions and fairer means of governance can emerge, and are accessible to anyone in the world with an internet connection
- You believe in decentralized and distributed design languages
- You are bored with the current Web design standards and you are eager to research and create new standards
- You are sensitive to typography and layout design, still you value editorial design the same as visual design
- You are a systematic thinker who is capable of designing design systems and design kits
- We do not care about diplomas nor years of experience. It is you and your portfolio which is important.
- You will be designing and prototyping the UI/UX for all of our web-based projects
- You will design, document, maintain and develop further our design systems and branding assets
You ideally will have
- Extensive knowledge of designs tools suitable for everything from UX to (micro) interactions (e.g. Figma, Framer)
- Good knowledge and understanding of design systems, typography and designing layout
- Experience or interest in building experimental digital projects such as experimental publishing design, computational design, generative art or memes
- Authenticity in design and being able to staying away from design trends (especially trends in web3) and yet be able to adopt those styles if needed
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to identify and design for user goals
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if
- You are comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- You have experience working for an open source organisation
- You have experience in designing publishing mediums such as online readers, zines, books and online publishing platforms
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status:
- Interview with Catia from our Talent team
- Interview with Ned & Amir from the branding team
- Interview with Carl
- Assessment (paid)
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline]