- USA Only
At Billdr, our mission is to make home renovations simple, transparent, and efficient for everyone. We're building technology to support homeowners with their projects from start to finish while also providing automation to general contractors to help them be more efficient and productive.
We are growing fast and hiring a team of hustlers and sharp thinkers with a "Mamba Mentality." We are pumped about improving the way homes are built, renovated, and repaired through technology while ensuring a superior customer experience. Since its launch in February 2020, Billdr has raised its first round of seed funding and operates in Montreal, Toronto, and Chicago.
About the role
As the first UI designer, you will be responsible for developing Billdr's brand and elevating the look and feel of the Billdr website and App UI. You will improve our style guide, and create amazing web pages. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to produce quality graphic design work, bringing the Billdr brand to life, while upholding the style and brand guidelines. You are an exceptional visual storyteller with a clean and simple aesthetic. You have hands-on experience creating beautiful websites and App UIs, developing brand guidelines.
You will be working alongside a talented, growing team and be one of the first twenty-five Billdr employees! You will report directly to our Chief Product Officer and collaborate closely with our product, marketing, engineering, and operations teams. We are accepting applications from candidates in Montreal and Toronto. We are currently working partially from home and from our offices in St-Henri, Montreal, and Liberty Village, Toronto.
This job offer is tailored for a motivated and highly creative individual, who has a genuine interest in working for a construction start-up.
What you will do
User Interface design: web and mobile App (70%)
- Provide art direction across all Billdr products
- Find solutions to simplify content with effective visuals
- Create mockups for new dashboards, landing pages, articles, and guide templates
- Work closely with UX Designers and Front End Developers to find the best solutions and design Billdr web and App UIs in the most effective way
- Hold and attend design thinking sessions and prototype, test, and iterate designs before implementing
- Workshop designs with members of different departments to collect input and design efficiently
Brand and marketing design (25%)
- Create visually appealing photos, illustrations for the website, email, social media posts, PR, and ads
- Work closely with the marketing team to plan social content calendar and Instagram grid
- Attend and participate in brainstorming sessions for new content formats and identify new ways to engage audiences through visuals
- Continuously refine and update the Billdr Pitch deck and other presentation documents and tools
- Design and develop print collateral to promote Billdr including outdoor signs, brochures, booklets posters, handouts, postcards, etc.
- Design business cards and branded swag items
- Design display booths for trade shows
- Stay on top of industry best practices and new approaches to design and bring learnings back to the team
What you'll need
- University or College degree in graphic design, communications, or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience in graphic design for a brand or agency
- Experience creating digital and social media content for several brands
- Excellent mastery of graphic design software (Adobe CC and Figma)
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Understanding of UX design, an asset
- Photography experience, an asset
- Experience with video production/motion design software (Premiere Pro, After Effects), an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Bilingual (French), an asset
- An interest in interior design, home renovation, architecture, or construction
- Keen understanding and curiosity about digital and product marketing
- Ability to identify industry trends, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Growth mindset: adapt to changing needs and priorities and get the job done with excellence
- Motivated, enthusiastic and resilient team player who can work independently
- Comfortable working with remote and multi-disciplined teams
- Culturally aware, inclusive, empathetic, sense of humor
- Located in Montreal or Toronto
What To Send Our Way
- A demonstrated portfolio of work and experience showcasing solid use of colors, typography, visual hierarchy, website user interface, and brand expression
- Salary: $70k - $90k
- Generous equity package
- Standard health benefits including dental and vision
- 4 weeks vacation
Why you’ll love it here:
- You will be our first in-house graphic designer, so you will build the foundation of the Billdr brand and the look and feel of our product
- You will get a powerful new Macbook Pro and graphic designer gear!
- You will be surrounded by a talented and motivated team
- You will be part of a fast-growing startup!