UA Production Artist/Graphic Designer
- USA Only
- 11 applicants (69%)
Michigan State University Advancement is seeking a Production Artist/Graphic Designer to join its Engagement Team. The designer is directly involved in the development and execution of marketing and communication projects across various channels. We are looking for candidates who have a track record of contributing to personalized communication material as well as multichannel marketing campaigns that not only look great but perform efficiently as well. The ideal candidate is a forward-thinker who is aware of current trends and has excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Designer work will support a variety of clients including the Alumni Office, Annual Giving, Principal Gifts, and Donor Relations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidate must be proficient with the skills and understanding of the following, including but not limited to: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and All Social Media Platforms. Prior experience working on a wide range of marketing functions including branding, communications, advertising, email marketing, digital marketing, presentations and websites is Required. Digital Photography is a plus.
- Produce creative designs and visually compelling, on-brand materials for a variety of print and digital products using Adobe Creative Suite
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for numerous types of printing – offset, web, screen, digital, etc.
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production – troubleshooting with both the creative team and the relevant vendors
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation
- Package and preflight files for release to printers
- Create PDFs for print and client review
- Create custom PowerPoint presentations and templates
- Prepare images, web banners, etc. for online and mobile applications
- Examples of materials to produce include brochures and publications, illustrations, logos, charts, and graphs
- Event displays and specialty promotional items
- Postcards, cards, and envelopes
- Electronic messaging, online banner ads, etc.
Research & Coordination:
- Collaborate closely with directors, art directors, writers, project managers, and other staff
- Assist as needed in photo and video shoots
- Track and coordinate assignment progress and status using the Engagement Team’s project tracking system
- Coordinate production with Advancement and college/unit colleagues
- Maintain knowledge of MSU branding standards and accessibility requirements and understands how it impacts print and online production.
- Maintains job files
- Maintains and monitors print and online materials to assure compliance with archival and preservation standards.
- Help add and tag new assets to UA Digital Asset Management System
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Commercial Art, Graphic Design or a related field; five to eight years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in commercial or graphic art including marketing and supervision, print production, graphic techniques and procedures, computer graphics, web page design software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have a valid driver’s license
- Five to eight years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in printing, typography, photography, illustration PowerPoint presentations, electronic prepress, printing processes such as pre-flighting electronic files, computer graphics and webpage design software (a plus)
- Experiences with word processing, database, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software. (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom in particular, others a plus)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and intellectual curiosity.
- Strong production skills
- BA degree or higher preferred
- 3+ years design production skills and a proven track record of working to deadlines in a complex environment
- 3+ years of producing digital design files and press-ready print files
- Collaborative team-oriented style. Ability to work with a variety of personality types and sensitive to various cultures.
- Knowledgeable of ADA and WCAG standards
- Knowledge of print production and production of design for online, social media and nontraditional media
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Resume and cover letter
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Patricia Karam at [email protected], Director of Recruitment.
How to Apply
All candidates must submit an application, resume, and cover letter through the Michigan State University Human Resources web-based system the URL for this website careers.msu.edu Please indicate the position number 858773 when submitting your application.