Sr. UI Designer
QuillBot is an AI edtech writing platform that provides students, attorneys, educators, ELLs, and bloggers with free online writing and research tools to help them become more effective, productive, and confident writers.
Founded under the belief that learning and applying knowledge is more rewarding than the mundane aspects of writing. The QuillBot team seeks to advance that idea by automating those tasks and allowing their users to focus on what they write, not how they should write it.
We are seeking a talented, creative, and customer-focused Visual Designer to define the brand identity and visual language of QuillBot's brand, UI, art direction, graphic design, and motion design in order to help us delight our customers.
Also, you will be responsible for driving our creative strategy by collaborating with key stakeholders. You will be a part of an interdisciplinary team of designers, researchers, and design technologists who are working to enhance the futures of our consumers through the application of AI.
- You have exceptional creative concepting, ideation and design skills.
- You have lead visual redesigns for websites and mobile applications.
- You have a deep understanding of typography, design principles, trends, motion design and UI best practices.
- You have created brand guidelines and UX design systems.
- You have excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- You have excellent English writing skills.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations and thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- You naturally partner with Experience Designers to improve designs and add motion animations to improve the user experience.
- You have contributed to the expansion and evolution of a design system.
- You have built components in Figma and have been the component gatekeeper to a design system.
- You have the curiosity to dig several layers deep into success metrics and have an innate desire to understand key drivers.
- You can demonstrate basic knowledge of UX and front-end web design processes and accessibility standards
- You have 6+ years of professional experience as a UI designer or interaction designer, visual designer, creative director, art director, or similar role
- You have an online portfolio demonstrating end-to-end, user-centered design solutions.
- You can estimate, organize, and track components within a design system.
- You are an expert at using design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, etc.
- An online portfolio is required to be considered for this position.