Sr Product Designer
- 3 applicants (15%)
At MUD\WTR , we're passionate about fostering healthy minds through healthy habits. In the midst of a mental health epidemic, we're committed to challenging the harmful routine of sleep deprivation and excessive caffeine consumption. We’re on a mission to deliver carefully crafted products that provide energy, focus, and immune support without unnecessary jitters and crashes, alongside inspiring content that encourages curiosity and growth. We also advocate for the destigmatization and legalization of therapeutic uses of psychedelics, fungi, and other healing modalities. We believe that when individuals are empowered to nurture their minds, they can catalyze profound changes in themselves and the world around them.
We're seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer who specializes in UI & UX to join our team. This role will be critical in optimizing the customer journey, from the first interaction on our landing pages to the checkout process, and beyond. You'll be designing eCommerce funnels, landing pages, carts, emails, and account portals that are not just aesthetically appealing but also optimized for conversions and customer retention. If you're a strategic thinker who loves to dive deep into the customer psyche and understands the nuances of D2C CPG and subscription brands, this role is for you.
This person will be expected to lead wireframe design strategy and decisions for our growing product portfolio and eCommerce business. You will be accountable for owning design progress & delivery of relevant digital product design, and are expected to have high command of relevant design tools, like Photoshop and Figma. You will drive the overall design direction and be expected to actively seek input from appropriate key stakeholders. Strong remote work experience and communication skills are a must, as you will be providing updates to other leaders, relevant teams, and partners regularly.
- Proactively design and optimize eCommerce funnels, landing pages, carts, email templates and customer portal journeys to maximize conversions, AOV, and foster customer retention.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a seamless and cohesive customer experience across all digital touch points.
- Utilize data-driven insights to continuously improve design choices and conversion strategies.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of industry trends, customer feedback, and usability best practices to inform design decisions.
- Translate brand strategy and identity into a compelling and user-friendly interface.
- Lead and facilitate design brainstorming sessions, design execution, design critiques, and other collaborative discussions to deliver on time and within scope.
Who you are:
- You love lean teams and proactive problem solving inside of start ups.
- You enjoy thinking for yourself and bringing solutions to the table.
- You’re excited by the idea of full design (UI/UX) ownership as the co-pilot to our eComm leader.
- You enjoy questioning everything to drive strategy, you commonly ask “why” and enjoy digging deeper to drive eComm optimizations.
- Our CEO/Founder is a designer at his core, so there will be a lot of opportunity for intellectual and creative challenges. If this sounds exciting, this job is for you!
- 5+ years of experience in UI/UX Design, with a specific focus on eCommerce and email marketing design.
- Proven experience working with D2C CPG brands and subscription models.
- Proven experience solving for conversion, AOV, and retention optimization.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your design process and ability to create user-centered design solutions.
- Expert in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools like InVision or Adobe XD.
- Excellent understanding of UX principles, conversion optimization strategies, and email marketing design best practices.
- Strong remote work experience, and interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to present your design ideas clearly and convincingly.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a creative, strategic mindset.
MUD\WTR is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Mud is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission. As part of the MUD\WTR team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Base salary for this role is $120k - 150k. Salary is determined through interviews and a review of candidate experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. In addition to base salary MUD\WTR offers a comprehensive benefits program as well as equity.