Sr. Product Designer
- USA Only
- 15 applicants (22%)
Founded in 2015, Apollo is a leading sales intelligence and engagement platform trusted by over 13,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to the largest global enterprises.
Our platform unifies a database of 200 million business contacts with advanced intelligence and engagement tools, to help over 500,000 sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals to connect with the right person at the right time with the right message, at speed and scale.
In the last year, we’ve grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, maintained profitability 18 out of the past 20 months, and recently closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia to fuel the next phase of our growth.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward. As a product-led organization, design & user experience are at the forefront of every decision that we make.
Your Role & Mission
We are hiring a Senior Product Designer to help craft the future of Apollo. Product Designers serve a vital role here in helping us learn, test, and iterate to build the best experiences possible for our users. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, love collaboration and feedback, and are always learning about best practices to master their craft!
Our Product Managers, Design, and Engineering teams are structured as Squads that are focused on several core features of the product. You will be assigned to a Squad alongside one Product Manager and multiple Engineers. You will also regularly collaborate with designers from other pods to share learnings and ensure a cohesive user experience.
Daily Adventures & Responsibilities
- Working with the Product Manager on your squad to help brainstorm, build & validate solutions to user problems & goals.
- Working with Engineers on your squad to understand constraints, hand off designs, and run design QA.
- Collaborating with your squad during Weekly Sprint Plannings & Daily Standups to ensure that we are building the best experience.
- Collaborating with other Designers to provide feedback, share + learn best practices & maintain a cohesive experience in the product.
- Interviewing users to validate designs & learn about user problems.
- Using & building upon our design system to update portions of your surface.
- Collaborating with your squad to identify the highest impact areas to work on, develop hypothesis, test, and iterate.
- Consistently integrating quantitative and qualitative data into essential product decisions.
Skills & Competencies
- 4+ years of experience designing and shipping complex web-based products founded in data and customer insights.
- You have expert design instincts & best practice knowledge to translate user problems, user goals, business objectives and technical constraints into excellent product experiences to deliver quick turnarounds & shorten feedback loops.
- You’re a self-starter that thrives while working in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have experience creating and maintaining components across multiple product surfaces in Figma.
- You are a voracious learner, constantly trying to learn how to improve customer experience, drive core metrics. Continuously learns new industry standards, staying up to date with how to get the most out of modern design tools including Figma.
- You have a passion for typography and copywriting and know how to write a simple, compelling microcopy to support your UI design.
- You’re experimentation-oriented – You have the ability to conduct user interviews, analyze the results of interviews, form hypothesis, test hypothesis with users via prototypes or product experimentation, and iterate.
- No big ego – we can uphold excellent rhythms within our Product Management, Engineering & Design squads because each member has respect for each other, and has a shared understanding of the goals, vision, and principles that Apollo operates on.
- You’re highly interested in user-centric design – we like to push each other to stay at the cutting edge of our field :)
What You'll Love About Apollo
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, informal, fun, and remote working environment. Our culture thrives in openness and excellence, and we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers.
The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale.
Our work environment is diverse with a global remote team, and we are intentional in building an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves. We’re also very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
- 📚 A monthly budget for learning and development.
- 🏝 Unlimited PTO
- 🍹 Team events