Sr. Product Designer
- 2 applicants (7%)
Sr. Product Designer
at Addepar (View all jobs)
Design at Addepar
The Design team at Addepar shapes wealth managers’ digital experiences. By designing and delivering intuitive, easy-to-use products, we help wealth managers grow their businesses and provide best-in-class services to their clients. We take an agile, high-growth mindset and foster a client-centered work environment with a focus on constructive feedback and collaboration.
Wealth management is undergoing a technological transformation. Financial advisors need a better way to scale their businesses while meeting their clients’ financial needs. We’re looking for highly-qualified people who enjoy simplifying complexity and challenging the status quo to meet our goal of providing the best user experience in the industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our Design team, composed of Creative and Product Designers, and Content Designers. We are passionate about advocating for user needs and delivering innovative, accessible, and beautiful products that redefine our clients day-to-day financial activities.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, and other cross-functional stakeholders through all stages of the design process and product development lifecycle to build out thoughtful and scalable solutions.
- Conduct agile research to gain deep understanding of the problem space and empathy in user needs through both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Identify opportunities to simplify complexity and create self-service workflows.
- Lead all design aspects of a project from start to finish with well articulated design rationale and high quality deliverables that communicate design directions and details effectively.
- Be an advocate for the users; influence high-level product decisions, prioritization, strategies, and roadmaps with user-centered mindset.
- Be an engaging member of a cross-functional agile product team, focus on achieving business outcomes, and push for continuous process improvements to consistently deliver value to our clients.
- Partner with the User Interface team to ensure your work is aligned with our design system global access standards.
- Seek out and embrace feedback from your peers and stakeholders while providing thoughtful feedback to your team.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience working in the field of Product Design, Interaction Design, and/or UX Design.
- A portfolio showcasing solid user research practices and user-centered designs that are usable, useful, and delightful.
- Solid understanding of user interface design patterns and best practices for enterprise web applications.
- Solid understanding of visual design fundamentals such as typography and color theory.
- Ability to understand deep, technical problems and distill complex user workflows and business requirements into simple and elegant design solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for consistency.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
- A self-starter and a team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Experience working with Figma, our preferred design tool.
- Experience in the finance industry is not required, but a huge plus.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.