Sr Designer, Internal Brand + Marketing
- 33 applicants (47%)
Instrument is a digital product and brand experience agency of more than 400 talented people on a dozen different teams, each focused on particular clients and dedicated to producing best-in-class work. Our shift to a remote-first model has only strengthened and diversified our company culture, and we’re committed to career advancement, personal support, and a healthy work/life balance for everyone we hire.
Instrument is looking for an experienced and passionate designer to elevate Instrument’s brand. You’ll be working on Instrument’s in-house brand team and will be responsible for the generation of internal and external-facing assets and platforms to support the agency’s growth, recruiting, and brand marketing campaigns.
You’re an experienced visual and interactive designer obsessed with every detail of the craft. You use any means necessary to communicate ideas, and you’re willing to start anywhere, with anything, and iterate your way to the right solution. You find inspiration in unlikely, insightful places and spread it throughout the room.
You connect everything you do to the goals of the brand. You do your best work when collaborating with strategists, writers, technologists, and producers. You’ll be a key person within the team and be responsible to uphold the quality of the design work.
What You'll Do
- Work in Instrument's in-house brand and marketing team to create premium marketing assets for projects including, but not limited to, campaigns, print, web, illustration, and business development resources
- Lead the creation of unified experiences across the entire customer journey that are contextual, clear, and beautiful
- Model the standard for design thinking and execution on Instrument’s brand team, contribute to best practices, and evolve the design practice through the work
- Work autonomously and proactively to find solutions and maintain momentum in our projects, without regular need for review
- Raise the bar through your design work, facilitation, and client collaboration
- Make sense of complex systems and conjure inventive solutions through distillation and experimentation
- Work on a multi-disciplinary team in a highly collaborative and communicative environment with diverse perspectives and expertise
- Accurately estimate projects involving significant challenges, such as major external dependencies, intra-team collaboration, or difficult briefs / requirements
What You'll Bring
- Experience in an agency or brand side design role, focusing on creating high-quality design and content for a values-driven enterprise
- Rock solid foundation in visual design, art direction, user experience, branding and interface design
- Strategic problem solving skills and the capacity to distill complex information into meaningful concepts or ideas
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills that get across the process, approach, and impact of your design
- A mind for best practices, paired with a willingness to try something just crazy enough to work
- Ability to move quickly to prove out ideas, and a learning mindset
- Expertise in current industry tools with the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Strong sense of ethics, and responsibility in understanding the way the work we do influences the world around us
- Emotional maturity and awareness, utilizing multiple styles of communication and influence to come to the best result for the Instrument brand and our internal teams
- Curiosity, humility, and a passion for doing great work
- The expected pay range for this position is $85,000-$110,000 for our base US Region 3. We have three regional pay ranges that are adjusted for cost of living (US1 +15%, US2 +7.5%, US3 Base), learn more about our pay philosophy and cost of living adjustments.
What We Offer
Remote Work Environment
Great Compensation with Annual Reviews (Learn more about our Pay Philosophy)
Annual Profit Sharing
401(k) Matching with Immediate Vesting
Robust Medical, Vision, and Accident Insurance
Generous Paid Holidays and unlimited PTO
Monthly Wellbeing & WFH Stipend
Annual Professional Development Budget
Career Management and Leadership Training