Service Designer Lead
- Europe Only
- 1 applicant (4%)
Are you ready to be a part of something big?
ALTERY, based in London's Canary Wharf, is on a mission to revolutionise cross-border payments for individuals and companies worldwide. With our cutting-edge mobile and web-based international payment and card solutions, we will be serving customers in over 50 countries and aiming to expand into even more exciting markets during 2023.
We're a team of 100+ customer-focused fintech professionals with a wide range of experiences, passionate about driving fast-paced growth and technological transformation. We're dedicated to putting our customers first and creating an agile, growth-oriented company culture. If you thrive in fast-paced, energetic environments and are excited about solving real-world problems for the digital economy, ALTERY may be the perfect fit for you.
We're committed to pushing boundaries and leading the industry into a more inclusive, faster, and inspiring digital era. That's why we're offering exciting opportunities for driven individuals like you to join us in building an alternative ecosystem for payments. With the support of our shareholders, we're expanding into new geographical markets, new payment rails, and building innovative products utilising technology such as blockchain. Don't miss this chance to be part of shaping the next era of payments.
Apply to join us at ALTERY today!"
The role: Service Designer Lead
Join our rapidly growing fintech company and be part of shaping the future of financial services. We're seeking innovative, and customer-focused Service Design Leads to join our team and help us create seamless and intuitive user experiences for our customers.
In this role, you’ll lead a multi-level team of designers working in multifunctional teams across a variety of services and products in partnership with development and service delivery teams: you will create the right conditions for the product Design team to work effectively, set the strategic direction of their practice, assure the quality of our work, and ensure we always design with all users in mind. You’ll work in close collaboration with user researchers, product and designers, and teams across ALTERY.
As a Service Design Lead at our company, you'll have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects and be a part of a team of experts in the fintech industry. You'll play a critical role in shaping the customer journey and driving customer satisfaction through the design of our products and services.
We offer a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, and opportunities for professional growth and development. If you're passionate about service design and want to make a real impact in the fintech industry, we want to hear from you!
In Your Role, You Will
- Leading your team and Design projects in all things Service Design.
- Lead the service design process for new innovative products across payments, cards, alternative payments, web, and mobile platforms.
- Champion Service Design within the ALTERY, educating your colleagues and team members while taking them on a journey to truly understand the value of service design
- Use service design methods to solve complex business problems, think strategically about opportunities, and facilitate the creation of a shared service design vision
- Deep understanding of the customer research needs and pain points and use this information to inform the design of new products and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, and marketing, to ensure that the design of new products and services aligns with business goals and objectives.
- Define user journeys, personas, service blueprints, and other design artefacts that communicate the design vision and strategy to the broader team.
- Develop and maintain a design system to ensure consistency and efficiency across all products and services.
- Stay up to date with the latest design trends and best practices in the fintech industry and apply this knowledge to improve the user experience.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure that designs are implemented correctly and meet user needs and business goals.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the performance of products and services and use this feedback to inform design decisions.
As a lead, you are expected to:
- Take the lead in defining the project approach by identifying the most relevant research and service methodologies and tools.
- Supervise project work prepared by junior/ senior designers, providing feedback and guidance on quality outputs, encouraging them to think critically.
- Deliver and promote exceptional service on engagements: apply an understanding of customer needs to identify critical outcomes, barriers to success, and changes in expectations or scope.
- Actively build positive relationships with senior stakeholders with integrity and authenticity, understanding the customers' perspective and cultural differences.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- You have 7 to 10 years of experience as a Service Designer, working on a diverse range of problems in a human-centric way. You have a portfolio of projects that you can discuss and demonstrate how you have applied service design to business or organisational challenges either in-house or within a contractor role.
- You have the experience to guide the team in diving into and map the complex backstage capabilities such as Technology, People, Processes, and Policies
- Practised in lean, agile and user-centred design processes and ways of working, and ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build multi-channel services.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with all parts of the service design journey, including planning, user research, journey mapping, opportunity identification, stakeholder management, service process redesign and communication.
- Comfortable working on and managing multiple projects simultaneously - preferring a mix of strategic and design work.
- Strong competency in process redesign for Mobile and Web and the ability to map the service experience of the customer and/or employee and define how the internal organisation (processes) needs to change, using service blueprinting
- Ability to work across end-to-end design lifecycle from strategy, ideation, information architecture, wireframes/prototypes, UX content, creation, quality assurance and experience transformation governance (ensuring final products services meet the strategy and match designs)
- Exceptional communication skills – you’re confident in presenting and justifying design decisions and can communicate clearly and translate ideas to senior stakeholders and team members.
- Proficient in relevant tools (Invision, Sketch, Figma/FigJam, Mural, Miro
- Fluency in English
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and valuing diverse perspectives.