Senior Visual / UI Designer
Role: Senior Visual/UI Designer
Location: Columbus, OH / Remote
1 in 5 Americans. Nearly half of all births. ~2.5% of US GDP. Number one line item of most state budgets. Medicaid: the health safety net of America's most vulnerable. Circulo Health is building the future of Medicaid insurance. Grounded in world-class member and provider experiences, technology, and our unique relationship with Olive.ai focused on AI and Automation. If you’re looking for a career that will improve the lives of millions of Americans, join us today.
Circulo is seeking a Visual/Product Designer to design for a multitude of projects at Circulo. From product features to partnership experiences. Will work alongside developers and other designers to create on-brand, innovative experiences. You will be responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with a variety of teams, developing original design concepts, executing designs based on established style guides, participating in visual design presentations, and developing design specs for production in the spirit of collaboration.
Who we are looking for
- 5+ years of visual design experience, preferably some in an agency environment.
- Online and/or PDF portfolio highlighting your relevant work.
- Strong conceptual thinking. We want people who can start a project off from an incredibly strong position and come up with surprising, smart concepts to move forward with.
- Figma and Adobe should be core elements of your toolbox.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills—the ability to work with direction and mentor other Designers as well as the confidence and skill to communicate your ideas clearly.
- Familiarity with various prototyping tools.
- Experience designing new, innovative layouts and designs that scale and flex across different platforms, including web, mobile, kiosks etc.
- A user centric design approach, as evidenced by considerations for accessibility, technology platforms, and contextual storytelling.
- A passion for all aspects of design including conceptual thinking, typography, motion, copy, and imagery.
- Experience building products, developing component-based design systems and adapting brand guidelines to create scalable systems.
- A great attitude and a lack of ego. We work hard to keep our prima-donna free work zone.
What you will do
- Craft beautifully simple UI that is highly accessible for a wide spectrum of users.
- Assist in overseeing and expanding the UI library to ensure innovation and execution of top notch design.
- Work alongside our UX research team to translate thoughtful UX into clean UI.
- Oversee design functionality from our network team and our Mosaic (partnership) teams.
- Support front end development throughout the entire design > dev > deploy process.
Here are some highlights:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision: 100% of premiums are covered by Circulo for quality care for all team members and their dependents
- Stock Options: all team members receive stock options
- 401(k) program: all team members have access to our 401(k) savings program and all administration costs are covered by Circulo
- Vacation: time off is not just unlimited, it’s required (minimum of 3 days a quarter)
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks fully paid time off for all new parents with flexible scheduling and additional unpaid leave available
- Flexible workday. If you need to run an errand or attend appointments, you have the freedom to do so.