Senior Visual Designer
Our team is seeking a passionate senior Visual designer to build and maintain a strong visual system for our website, mobile, and digital interfaces, while carefully considering how both interaction and visual design impact the overall web experience.
In our collaborative UX and brand environment, you'll use your skills in interaction design, user interface design, visual design, and illustration to create polished, well-documented visual experiences. Come join our distributed team of creatives and help us build a fun, quirky, and memorable website.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Web/UI - Create and iterate on user interface, interactions, and visual designs through collaboration with UX designers
- Understand best practices, accessibility, and design principles, and be able to clearly articulate design decisions
- Collaborate with UX team to turn wireframes and concepts into compelling, beautifully-crafted experiences
- Visual Design - Lead visual design direction of the Elastic’s corporate website and make recommendations for aesthetics when ambiguity arises; provide thoughtful design critiques
- Design System - Create a scalable design library using Figma and other tools for the UX team, and collaborate with UX designers on the use of design system components
- Assist in QA to identify, document, and verify design bug fixes
- Data visualization - The ability to design with a distinct point of view and a solid understanding of the techniques and needs of data visualization.
What You Will Bring:
- 6+ years of working as part of design teams at creative agencies or in-house. This is not an entry-level or associate role.
- Expert at Figma and Illustrator, or other tools to maintain the design system and library
- You have strong illustrative skills. Concept sketches are a must when working with our content team and stakeholders. Icons? No problem, you’ve been there and done that.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- In addition to a passion for UI and visual design, you should have a deep understanding of how it relates and interconnects with the overall UX process (although you will work with UX designers).
- Experience in bringing research into the user interface and visual design process, and making data-informed decisions
- Strong portfolio with examples of web UI, design systems, and web asset creation
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across the web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment. You are an organized self-starter with strong communication skills. Being part of a distributed team requires proactive communication and sometimes even oversharing.
- Prior experience working in the technology industry
- Prototyping skills - To effectively communicate interactive design