Senior UX/UI Designer
- Oceania / Pacific
The Gig 🌟
We’re looking for a world-class Senior UX/UI Designer to join our growing design team. The foundation of Dovetail circles around a sharp and impressive design calibre — and we're looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to meet and beat those expectations.
We work in a distributed fashion, so you can live near one of our DoveHubs in Auckland, Wellington or Sydney (soon to be Christchurch & Napier!) you can drop into the office, but if you don't, you can work anywhere across ANZ.
Joining Dovetail, you will join a team of incredibly talented and spirited designers, where you would be the design expert on our client engagements. You will be challenged, and a high amount of autonomy, whilst you lean in to your strengths and utilise the right resources to succeed.
Our engagements range across industries and continents, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting and diverse projects that will have a significant impact for our clients and which you can be truly proud of. You would be expected to drive innovation at every corner of the project, pushing the boundaries of design and ensuring the design vision is prioritised.
What You'll Bring 🧑🎨
As a passionate follower of design trends, you recognise and champion great ideas. You're a creative problem solver, able to express your vision with clarity and enthusiasm. You will be client facing, presenting work and managing the iterative design process from ideation to delivery. You’re a Figma evangelist.
- Hands-on experience with design for web and mobile applications, commercial products and solving complex UX/UI problems
- An Adobe guru, but Figma is your buzz now
- Proven success in a high paced environment, and able to turn around projects and tasks quickly at a highly resolved world-class level
- Expertise with a diverse set of design practices across multiple platforms and devices (e.g. visual and interaction design, prototyping and user testing)
- Embrace your creative and artistic approach to problems — branching out of the cookie cutter design.
- Have a strong focus on UX/UI design with a solid background in graphic design
- Exceptional understanding of information architecture and data organisation
What You'll Do 👟
- Drive, direct and develop clear and concise wireframes and UX plans
- Be part of a cross-functional product team with a focus on delivering quality experiences
- Produce creative visual concepts that communicate core requirements of the brief
- Generate UI at fidelity levels relevant to the stage of the project, to align business and user requirements
- Create initial, original designs, based on wires, project scope and feedback from low fidelity rounds and wireframe approval.
- Collaborate with the greater business to evangelise and enhance the user experience in digital product
- Oversee projects from inception through to delivery, owning and defining the process
We have a type...🪐
The kind of people we like to work with:
- Are highly curious. They believe in continuous improvement, learning and knowledge.
- Are one part pedant, one part pragmatic, zero parts jerk.
- Are crafty like a fine carpenter, not a fox.
- Have a favourite emoji, excellent taste in GIFs, and can throw a shaka 🤙
What's #dovelife like? 🦄
We have always been a distributed first company, this allows us to work where ever and how ever we are most productive. We have nice offices in Surry Hills Sydney, Auckland CBD and, Wellington. We try hard to make our offices fun to be in, so we see many of our team split their time between the office (dog friendly) and home (children on lap during zoom calls).
The people on your team may not be co-located with you — because of this we value people who are self-motivated and comfortable working in an asynchronous and distributed team.
We value learning and growth. Part of that is the Dovetail library: expense any book and share it with the team when you're done. We take time to do things the right way and encourage sharing you to bring your personality and interests to work. We also value your health both mental and physical and will give you $200 to spend on something health and fitness-ey each year.
Dovetail is also growing quickly, which opens up significant opportunities for growth and leadership. We are a Deloitte Fast 50 company in New Zealand, coming in at the second fastest growing technology company in the country.
Dovetail Ventures is an arm of the business where we found, invest in, or grow businesses. Working at Dovetail gives you ownership in current and future ventures. You can think of it as owning an index fund of early stage technology companies. four of our ventures have taken rounds of external funding and are in growth mode, going into Series A rounds in 2021. So there's some real value there already.
And adventures 🏄
Since we're split across two countries, we like to get together face to face at least once a year as a company for a team retreat. Last year we went to Queenstown, New Zealand. Previous years we've gone to Indonesia and Costa Rica. We've had to postpone the last two years, but opted for a free day off instead. #selfcare Fingers crossed for 2022!