Senior UX/UI Designer
- USA Only
- 5 applicants (71%)
NOTE: A link to an active portfolio is a requirement for applying to this role.
Bertram Capital is a private equity firm targeting investments in lower middle market companies. Since its inception in 2006, the firm has raised over $2.2B of capital commitments. Bertram has distinguished itself in the private equity community by combining venture capital operating methodologies with private equity financial discipline to empower its portfolio companies to unlock their full business potential. This approach is unique in that Bertram is not singularly focused on achieving its investment returns through financial engineering and the extraction of near-term cash flow. Instead, Bertram focuses on reinvestment and technology enablement to drive growth and value through digital marketing, e-commerce, big data and analytics, application development and internal and external platform optimization.
Visit www.bcap.com for more information.
Position: Senior UX/UI Designer
As a Senior UX/UI Designer at Bertram Labs, you will use your skills to create amazing customer experiences with elegant and simple UI that deliver business results to a wide variety of clients. You have a passion for designing effective digital experiences that are informed by customer research, industry best practices and business needs. You use your keen sense of curiosity, strong storytelling skills, and polished user experience solutions to deliver customer-focused work in a fast-paced and complex environment. You are someone who dislikes monotony and enjoys working on new and unique projects. You are someone who enjoys having a close-knit community of coworkers who are very experienced and love what they do.
- Work alongside developers, business stakeholders and product managers throughout all stages of the product development cycle
- Work with the design team and software engineers to generate user flows, user stories, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed visual design as needed. Basic web development experience is a plus.
- Design within clients’ design systems and brand standards
- Own the design visuals and user experience across multiple platforms- web apps, mobile apps, marketing websites and E-commerce websites
- Translate challenges, needs, and requirements into wireframes, mockups, and communicate them clearly to software engineers
- Identify and account for edge cases in the experience of the product, the interaction design of a component, and on the user interface
- Work closely with software engineers to ensure technical restraints are understood to problem solve for the best user experience that increase the quality of our product
- Work enthusiastically, respectfully, and collaboratively within the department as well as across other departments within the company
- Maintain knowledge of UX/UI processes, tools and best practices to achieve higher quality, lower costs and shorter time to release
- Stay current with trends in UX/UI principles, visual design, mobile app and web design
- Deliver and socialize your solutions
- Educate others disciplines about their value to both the organization and the user
- 4+ years of professional work experience designing user interfaces and user experience (UI/UX) for applications and websites
- Efficiency in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or similar design and prototype software.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proven track record of presenting to and influencing stakeholders and senior management
- Strong visual design skills and a keen sense of effective UI
- Solid understanding of UX best practices and strong visual design skills
- Experience with WCAG or accessibility visual design
- Designing thinking and critical thinking mindset
- Obsessive attention to detail and organization
- The passion, motivation, and curiosity to be a contributor, self-starter, and problem-solver
- Ability to give and receive direction and constructive criticism in an open, positive, and collaborative communication style
- Strong understanding of website design, including mobile-first responsive design and E-commerce design
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness to jump in where needed on a variety of design-related tasks
- Fast-learner on a wide variety of product lines and markets
- Some experience with graphic design, iconography, print and logo design
- Familiar with agile methodology and sprint scheduling
- A proven portfolio showing the complete process from ideation to final visual designs
- Knowledge/experience in building web application front ends a plus
· A competitive base salary
· Bonus eligibility based on individual and team performance
· A premium suite of benefits including comprehensive medical, dental and vision
· Generous paid time off
At Bertram Capital we value and celebrate the many perspectives that arise from a variety of cultures, genders, religions, national origins, ages, abilities, socioeconomic status and sexual orientation. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) ensures that Bertram Capital is a place that attracts, grows, and promotes top talent from all backgrounds.