Senior UX Writer, Content Designer
- North America
Senior UX Writer/Content Designer
- Remote – United States
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who You Are
This position is for an experienced UX Writer ready to establish and evangelize their discipline at Dataminr while proactively collaborating with teams across the organization.
- You are a quick study who can gain deep knowledge about the contours of our systems, our business goals, and the needs of our customers and can apply those insights to establish and evolve Dataminr’s content standards.
- You operate with a human-centered approach. Even though you have great intuition, you are constantly looking to validate your ideas through user research and feedback.
- You have excellent communication skills. You can initiate discussions, facilitate brainstorms, support your decisions, and thoughtfully present your solutions to stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
As Dataminr’s first UX Writer, you’ll be collaborating with product managers, designers, researchers, engineers, and marketers focused on delivering valuable and intuitive experiences to international newsrooms, Fortune 500’s, and enterprise organizations within the public sector.
- Set and uphold high standards for content at Dataminr, creating a vision for a cohesive narrative that spans multiple products and touch points.
- Develop, promote, and maintain our first content style guide.
- Make data-driven decisions and advocate for users. You’ll tie your decisions back to your research and guide the content strategy from the user’s perspective while keeping business goals in mind.
- Work autonomously while proactively partnering with groups across the organization. Take ownership of your work and effectively manage priorities.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 5-7 years of experience writing for desktop and mobile products. Experience working on information-heavy enterprise platforms and systems is a plus.
- A portfolio of writing samples that demonstrates experience across different content types such as interfaces, microcopy, user education, emails, style guides, and marketing content.
- Experience conducting user research and testing to support content strategy.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.