Senior UX Researcher
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Title: Senior UX Researcher
Location: Remote, US
Trusted and loved by 25 million educators, students, and families worldwide, Seesaw is the only elementary learning experience platform, offering a suite of award-winning tools, resources, and curriculum for teachers to deliver joyful, inclusive instruction. Through interactive lessons, digital portfolios, and two-way communication features, Seesaw keeps everyone in the learning loop by providing continuous visibility into the student’s learning experience to support and celebrate their learning.
Seesaw’s mission is to provide every elementary student with joyful and connected learning experiences that lay the foundation for success in life.
The UX team at Seesaw is a lean group of creative minds dedicated to crafting seamless and user-centric experiences that redefine the landscape of elementary education technology. We believe in the power of design thinking and meticulous research to drive innovation in our mission to empower educators, students, and families.
As Seesaw’s Senior UX Researcher, you will independently plan, conduct, and lead diverse user research studies, utilizing both qualitative and quantitative methods to provide actionable insights. Your role involves collaborating closely with cross-functional teams, advocating for user- centered principles, and contributing to the ongoing development of research strategies, ensuring an impactful research practice for Seesaw’s product development.
- Plan, conduct, and lead user research studies independently, from study design to execution, across various project phases.
- Facilitate user research sessions, including usability studies, interviews, surveys, contextual inquiries, etc.
- Recruit participants for studies, ensuring a diverse and representative sample that aligns with research objectives.
- Utilize a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods, with a solid understanding of their strengths and limitations.
- Effectively handle difficult participants and navigate complex interactions to maintain a productive research environment.
- Synthesize research findings quickly and accurately, distilling them into actionable insights and recommendations for the product team.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including designers, product managers, and engineers, to integrate research findings into product development.
- Advocate for user-centered principles and research-driven decision-making.
- Contribute to the development of research strategies, frameworks, and processes to continually improve the research practice.
- 5+ years of experience conducting user research in a product development context.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Anthropology, or a related field.
- Proven ability to plan and execute user research studies independently and adapt methodologies to suit specific project requirements.
- Strong facilitation skills, with the ability to create a comfortable and engaging environment for participants.
- Expertise in recruiting participants for studies, ensuring a diverse and representative sample.
- In-depth knowledge of a wide range of user research methods, with a clear understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Proficiency in synthesizing research findings into clear, actionable insights and recommendations for the product team and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile development environment, integrating research into iterative product cycles.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple research initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience with remote user research methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of accessibility and inclusive design principles.
- Proficiency in using research software and tools, such as user testing platforms, survey tools, and analytics platforms.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is just one part of our total compensation package that includes equity, perks & benefits, and development opportunities at Seesaw. Individual pay decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity relative to other Seesawers. It is our expectation that the majority of candidates who are offered roles at Seesaw will land well within our salary ranges based on these factors.
The annual base salary range for this position is: $127,200.00 $151,050.00
This is an exempt position
Benefits include: Medical/Dental + Orthodontics/Vision Coverage, 401k Match, Flexible Paid Time Off, Mindfulness First Fridays, Monthly Technology Stipend, Home Office Setup Stipend, Professional Development Stipend, Paid Parental Leave, Charitable Donation Matching, Volunteer Days.
Seesaw cares about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk we care a lot about our work, but care more about our employee’s well-being. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have a flexible vacation policy that people actually use.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Seesaw is committed to protecting your personal data. Learn more about the personal information we collect, how we use it, and how to exercise your rights here: U.S. Privacy Notice.
Our company participates in E-Verify.