Senior UX Researcher
Senior UX Researcher
United States (Remote)
Pantheon’s WebOps Platform powers the open web, running sites in the cloud for customers including Stitch Fix, Okta, Home Depot, Pernod Ricard and The Barack Obama Foundation. Every day, thousands of developers and marketers create, iterate, and scale websites on the open web to reach billions of people globally. Pantheon’s SaaS model puts large and small web and digital teams in control of increasing the performance of their teams, websites, and marketing programs. Pantheon cloud native software includes governance, security and collaboration tools that make it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform. The built-in ability to simultaneously create, test, deploy and run live sites with unrivaled hosting speed, scalability and uptime give marketing teams the agility to win in the dynamic world of digital marketing.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.
About the Design Team
Design at Pantheon is a small, tight-knit group (12 teammates) made up of creative, collaborative, people who care deeply about our mission to make the web a first-class platform that delivers results. We’re a cross-functional bunch focused on design, brand, and UX research who are always looking for opportunities to build understanding and empathy for the people who use Pantheon. Our team is at the center of product work for Pantheon, designing experiences for thousands of developers and marketers around the world.
You will make an impact at Pantheon by helping operationalize research, user interviews, design testing, persona validation, and product analytics as part of the Design team. You’ll solve challenging problems and empower teammates to move forward by developing metrics, measuring results, and integrating new methodologies into existing systems.
For this position, we are looking for experienced individuals with skills in behavioral data analysis, experimental and survey research, and statistics. We are looking for people that can take a human-centered approach to designing studies that provide an understanding of how people’s attitudes and needs affect their behaviors. You’ll be spending 70% of your efforts in quantitative research, and 30% in qualitative research in both the user research and market research domains.
You will make an impact at Pantheon by validating hypotheses that will become part of our Product and Marketing roadmap both short term and long term. You will work closely with Product Designers, Brand & Design Systems designers, Product Managers, and Analysts across several teams.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We’re enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Stuff You’ll Do
- Work closely with several teams to identify important Product and Growth questions and integrate research findings into recommendations
- Advocate for the user from an ease of use and intuitive learning perspective
- Support and improve repeatable research processes as best practice for teams to follow during various phases of the product development process
- Be responsible for planning, coordinating, designing and conducting studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Recruit users for a variety of studiesfrom small ones performed online to large ones in person, such as focus groups
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long term product strategy
- Systematically communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Help monitor user behavioral data in tools such as Pendo, and translate it into actionable reports
- Puzzle out user experiences that allow large organizations to scale and manage hundreds of websites with their small agile team
What You Bring To The Table
- 4+ years’ experience in applied product research
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Degree in human behavior related studies (such as HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Statistics, etc.)
- Knowledge of qualitative and design research methods
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Flexible time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your workouts
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security