Senior UX Researcher
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Sr. UX Researcher
job requisition id
Get your career started at eHealth
eHealthInsurance has many exciting career opportunities in a number of locations, across various functions. Come join us today!
At eHealth we are passionate about helping our customers navigate through the complex world of health insurance. By understanding our customer’s needs, we can help them find the right health insurance plan for them. We are looking for an experienced User Experience Researcher , who is passionate about creating/optimizing outstanding customer experiences and driving business strategy and change within an organization. In this role, you will generate meaningful consumer-centric insights that will drive great design and innovation for our Product and Design team.
The ideal candidate will be both analytical and creative with hands-on experience with a variety of quantitative methods (surveys and analytics), qualitative lab based and field research methods (usability and user research), and design thinking. The role involves strong collaboration with our Product, UX Design, Engineering, and Analytics teams to drive insights that lead to innovation, exceptional customer experiences, and increased customer engagement. You will establish best practices in the application of research methods, analytics and synthesis to build compelling, persuasive cases for action. This is a remote position reporting to the Sr Director of Product Design. If you’re excited about impacting a business and creating value for our users, this role is a great fit for you.
- Be the voice of the consumer in development, optimization and analysis of digital experiences.
- Plan, design, and conduct up-front product opportunity research, on-going usability tests, and surveys, and define long-term user research needs.
- Identify, analyze and advocate innovative or successful competitive online user experiences.
- Develop and synthesize insights from existing and new research to help inform opportunities to improve the product experience for our customers.
- Manage all aspects of primary research, including partnering with key stakeholders to frame problems, designing best-in-class research methodologies, implementing high-quality data collection, and analyzing results.
- Translate research findings into clear and actionable insights through smart story-telling and compelling presentations and deliver recommendations to across teams.
- Proactively involve designers, engineers and product managers in the research process.
- Select and manage third-party vendors to execute projects, as needed.
- 5+ years of consumer-focused UX, usability or market research experience, preferably with experience in online services and/or ecommerce.
- Demonstrated expertise in design thinking, lean principles and practices, and user research methods.
- Experience observing users discover, consider, evaluate and shop online as well as moderating one-on-one usability sessions, field ethnography studies, discovery and competitive analysis.
- Proficiency of survey theory with hands-on experience using survey and analysis tools.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple projects and teams, build trust to influence cross-functional teams, and help create a culture of deep, target consumer understanding that becomes internalized by the company.
- Proactive, self-starter attitude; comfortable with ambiguity and balancing multiple priorities/needs.
- Ability to present complex qualitative and quantitative data to diverse audiences in an understandable format via excellent oral and written and/or visual communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Market Research, Consumer Behavior, Product Innovation or related fields of study; Master’s degree is highly desirable.
The base pay range reflects the anticipated pay range for this position. The actual base pay offered will depend on various factors including individual skills, experience, performance, qualifications, the department budget, and the location where work is performed. Base pay is one component of eHealth’s total rewards package, which also includes an annual performance bonus, plus an array of benefits designed to support employees’ personal and professional wellness. For more information on our total rewards offerings, please visit our career site.
Base Pay Range -$110,200 – $137,700
eHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are interested in applying for employment with eHealth and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact us at: