Senior UX Designer
- 9 applicants
The Sr. UX Designer (web) is responsible for designing solutions to meet the needs of customers and end users.
What you will be doing
- Translate user insights and customer needs into design concepts, journeys, wireframes, mockups and prototypes using industry standard tools
- Lead large design projects through lifecycle from early research, conception, and requirements gathering through development, release, and refinement
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to drive vision and strategy
- Mentor, coach, train, and provide feedback to other team members; may provide feedback to leadership on technical abilities of team
- Collaborate with user researchers to plan, develop and execute research to define, optimize and evolve our offerings; proactively identify research opportunities to address knowledge gaps
- Contribute patterns, guidelines and components to the design system
- Use storytelling methods to communicate complex concepts and design work to varied audiences, clearly articulating reasoning, principles, and user insights which drive design decisions
- Provide annotated design specifications and documentation that detail interaction behaviors and acceptance criteria
- Comply with all corporate and departmental privacy and data security policies and practices, including but not limited to, Hyland’s Information Systems Security Policy
What will make you successful
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Professional portfolio that demonstrates both pragmatic and creative thinking including the ability to work within constraints, shifting schedules and priorities
- Proven experience creating high-quality and effective design artifacts including concepts, journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Experience working across teams to integrate feedback and input from diverse stakeholders
- Design strategy and thought leadership experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, applied successfully within team as well as with all levels of employees in other areas and with customers
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership, sound judgement, and business acumen skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team environment
- Ability to work efficiently and independently on one or more projects, often with ambiguity, constraints of time and scope, and technical complexity
- Ability to support work verbally and visually with design rationale, data and/or user research
- Ability to introduce new design approaches and methods that drive positive outcomes (efficiency, speed to market, innovation, etc.)
- Ability to provide guidance and support to developing team members
- Up to 20% travel time required
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $80,000-$122,000 and eligible for bonus and benefits.
What you can expect next
Hyland Recruiters thoroughly review every application and will contact you within 1 to 2 weeks regarding next steps. Be sure to add Hyland to your contacts list and check your spam folder so you never miss a message from us! Any follow up questions? Email your Recruiter directly at [email protected].
401(k) Retirement Savings. Flexible Schedule. Paid Time Off. Medical, Dental, Vision. Volunteer Paid Time Off. Wellness Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Sabbatical Program. Hyland House Program.
Find out more by going to https://www.hyland.com/en/careers/life-at-hyland.
Since 1991, it has been Hyland’s mission to help our employees, customers and partners exceed their potential with our industry-leading content services platform. Our employees exude a contagious energy and are passionate about what they do – whether it’s helping customers succeed, raising up their fellow Hylanders, or engaging in the communities where they live and work.
The #HylandLife hashtag encompasses our employee-centric culture. Our employees live our culture day in and day out by bringing their best self to work. Hyland supports them to do just that through career development resources, wellbeing programs and innovation practices. We thrive on diverse viewpoints and new ideas and believe that a positive, inclusive workplace is imperative to sustainable success.
As we’ve grown to a company of nearly 4,000 strong, we have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our communities. We strongly support employee initiatives and align our giving campaigns and programs to organizations that are important to them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.