Senior UX Designer
- 3 applicants (20%)
Senior UX Designer – Creator Ecosystem
Design Remote/ In-Office
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team at Hypixel Studios, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to experts with 25+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
Join us on our mission to bring players together in an inviting, immersive world where they can make their mark. Hytale empowers creative expression across a spectrum of experiences including sandbox adventure, social play, minigames, and creativity using a suite of powerful and accessible tools.
As a Senior UX Designer , you will join a team that is responsible for providing a voice to the user, skilfully incorporating and demonstrating user goals and needs through your designs. In this role, you will be a representative for the user by working closely with other disciplines in the studio to craft best in class and cutting edge designs that demonstrate user goals. As a senior UX designer on our creator ecosystem team, you will be a driving force for how our studio, as well as future content creators utilize our tools to create amazing experiences.
Who you are:
- A designer with a strong passion for being the voice of the user, demonstrating empathy towards their needs
- A problem solver, first and foremost; you strive to create a frictionless experience
- Comfortable owning the UX design direction of features and collaborating closely with other disciplines to understand their workflows, pain points and goals
- An excellent communicator, passionate and assertive about working with others
- You approach design creatively, with data and research as part of your arsenal
Some of your role:
- Collaborate closely with various disciplines at the studio to research, design and validate features that best support and empower the studio
- Breakdown complex systems into thoughtful and meaningful designs that can be implemented incrementally
- Skilfully craft best in class designs that empower your team as well as future content creators
- Plan and conduct user research such contextual inquiries, interviews, and usability testing
- Lead the conversation by communicating and presenting UX goals and designs to the broader team
- Ensure that the UX for the creator ecosystem is consistent and cohesive with the rest of the game
- Experience owning and designing complex, data rich systems (development tools, social/game platforms, marketplaces, etc.)
- Proficient in wireframing, prototyping, and UI design using Axure, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar industry software
- Unwavering in the face of ambiguity as you help guide and iterate on the UX side of tools development
- Familiarity with or experience using game engines for development or personal use
- A strong portfolio with examples of previous work that demonstrates your design thinking
- A personal passion for games and staying on top of the latest trends in the games industry
- Passionate about game development and comfortable participating in UX design work on gameplay systems
- Previous experience working in a game development team and/or shipping title(s)
- A BA/BS or other degree in a related field such as human-computer interaction, interaction design, etc.
We can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual Performance Bonus (APB)
- Quality of Life increases
- Christmas closure
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely
We’re looking for applicants who are self-driven, put players first, and that have a history of making cool stuff. In return, we can offer an environment that values and supports individual creativity and passion and believes in fostering new talent. We recognize the value of diversity in every sense and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.