Senior UX Designer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Senior UX Designer
Remote, United States / Boulder / Houston
Graylog : Empowering Threat Detection & Incident Response Solutions with Cutting-Edge Technology
Graylog specialises in delivering top-notch Threat Detection & Incident Response (TDIR) solutions, backed by our latest addition, the Graylog API security platform. As a renowned centralised log management (CLM) and Security Information Event Management (SIEM) provider, we offer unparalleled fast and efficient log analysis capabilities in critical areas such as security, compliance, operations, and DevOps.
Our enterprise solution enables organisations globally to capture, store, and analyse terabytes of machine data in near-real time while our open-source product has been deployed in more than 50,000 installations worldwide, empowering individuals and small teams to perform basic log consolidation, analysis, and search functions at no cost.
We’re a remote-friendly company with locations in Hamburg, Munich, London, Boulder, and headquarters in Houston, TX. If you live near an office and want to be part of said office great. Nearish to an office and want to have the ability to hot desk? No problem, and if you’re not near an office and wish to work remotely, all good!
Several recent achievements for Graylog have been we were included in the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, 2023 Gold Globee award for cyber security & DevOps, and most recently we took home two of the most prestigious cybersecurity awards in SIEM and DevSecOps from Cyber Defence Magazine at RSA this year.
Who we’re looking for;
Graylog is looking for a Senior UX Designer who will work at the intersection of customer needs, business goals, and technical boundaries to deliver features that users love for their simplicity, function, and beauty.
As the Senior UX Designer you will collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering partners to research, design, and deliver clear, consistent, and holistic solutions whilst advocating for our user, shaping and simplifying their user experience.
The Senior UX Designer will partner with and influence people across our organization, bringing the voice of the customer outside of the product organisation to marketing, sales, and engineering.
This is a full-time and permanent position. The Senior UX Designer can chose to work remotely in North America (ideally CST to EST time zones) or chose to work from our Houston, TX HQ or regional office in Boulder, Colorado.
The Senior UX Designer will report to the Director, Product Management based in the US.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Deliver high-quality, innovative, thoughtful design solutions that are customer-focused, simple, and intuitive.
- Organize data and conduct research to validate and iterate on current and upcoming features and roadmap.
- Work with leadership to define and prioritize the UX for the product roadmap.
- Work with engineering and product management to define requirements and mock-ups for customer-focused solutions.
- Propose new ideas to elevate UX with the product, built on research, customer data, and best practices.
- Build and iterate on long-term User Experience improvements and vision.
- Collaborate with multiple engineering teams through the SDLC to ensure UX is improved with each feature and product launch.
- Establish best practices for the product experience including the design language and collaboration with Graylog branding/ themes.
- Ensure the front-end teams are developing to match specifications and mock-ups.
A little bit about you;
- 5+ years of experience in UX and product design. Security, technology, and SaaS experience would be great.
- You will be skilled in a combination of core UX disciplines (e.g. Product Design, Research, Design Strategy, Visual Design, Information Architecture).
- Experience and proficiency working with design and collaboration tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, etc.) and comfortable talking with engineers about front-end technologies.
- You will understand the importance of communication and collaboration and be able to harmonize conflicting viewpoints to build consensus.
- Self-motivation will come naturally to you, and you can plan your time and see projects through to completion with minimal oversight.
What makes Graylog stand out;
- Work/ Life balance is important- as such ALL employees enjoy unlimited PTO.
- Opportunities for additional earnings through individual commission plans or participation in yearly company performance bonus plans.
- Employee share option plan- we have a stake in you, and you should have a stake in us.
- Home office bonus on top of the choice of the latest equipment to help you succeed.
- Monthly telecommuter allowance.
- Employee wellness membership.
- Opportunity to work in a globally distributed and diverse team.
Here at Graylog, you’ll find a diverse group of experienced professionals who love to have fun while meeting the needs of our customers with the best solution and customer service available.
Openness – As a global company, we encourage our people to bring their backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives to our collective work. We lead with integrity and are committed to doing what is best for the Graylog community.
Collaboration – Through mutual respect, trust, and candid communication across all teams, we deliver the best ideas and results.
Useful Innovation – We take calculated risks to find new ways to innovate. By continuously improving ourselves, processes, and technologies, we deliver the best solution for our customers.
Ownership – As owners, we take the initiative to solve internal and external problems while supporting peer success and holding ourselves accountable for delivering the best work. We do this from a place of high trust.
Do the Right Thing! – Comfort and safety come from knowing that everyone will do the right thing, even when nobody’s looking.
For further information please submit an application and a member of the Graylog People Team will be in touch.