Senior UX Designer
About the job
Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Our UX team is growing and we are looking for a talented UX designer with experience with design systems and user research. You have crafted elegant user experiences, defined design systems, and collaborated with talented content owners. Come join our distributed team and help us build a fun, quirky, and memorable web experience.
Please note that a portfolio is mandatory for consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Produce design prototypes and specifications for our corporate website.
- Follow and contribute to a design system for building web experiences.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented accurately.
- Practice the balance between UX and beautiful UI / visual design
- Support internal partners (engineers and product marketing) through clear guidelines, assets and creative problem solving
- Understand and implement user testing and UX research to create data-driven solutions
What You Bring Along:
- Ability to create elegant and usable experiences that solve business challenges and meet user needs.
- Strong portfolio with examples of user-focused problems solved via creative UI solutions, design systems and asset creation.
- Familiarity with the typical product design suite: Figma, Whimsical
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups and defend your design decisions.
- Prior experience working in the technology industry. You enjoy learning about new technologies and are able to collaborate with Product Marketers as well as Product Managers and Engineers.
- Is effective at personal organization and management of communication tools like email and Slack.
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate.
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment. You are an organized self starter with strong communication skills. Being part of a distributed team requires proactive communication and sometimes even oversharing.
- Bonus Points:Experience with tools like Github and Airtable
- Interest in growing UX research skills, advanced prototyping and building design system
- Experience working on React based web applications
- Experience working on a large scale, high traffic web properties
Additional Information - We Take Care Of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave