Senior UX Designer
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (33%)
Title: Senior UX Designer
Location: US National
Agile Six is a people-first, remote-work company that serves shoulder-to- shoulder with federal agencies to find innovative, human-centered solutions. We build better by putting people first. We are animated by our core values of Purpose, Wholeness, Trust, Self-Management and Inclusion. We deliver our solutions in autonomous teams of self-managed professionals (no managers here!) who genuinely care about each other and the work. We know that’s our company’s purpose and that we can only achieve it by supporting a culture where talented people feel valued, self-managed, and love to come to work.
As a Senior UX Designer at Agile Six, you will guide your team to design and implement highly complex, cross-disciplinary projects for government agencies and the people they serve. Among your responsibilities will be to communicate your design vision to both team members and key stakeholders at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This team has an adaptive, empathetic, and collaborative mindset and cares deeply about team dynamics. We are searching for someone with a passion for working on important problems that have a lasting impact on millions of users and make a difference in our government!
You will be joining a new team partnering with VA to build a new, integrated patient portal on VA.gov. The mission of this effort is to integrate VA’s digital patient experiences currently provided by My Healthevet (MHV) with VA’s other digital tools to give Veterans one place to manage their VA health care, community care, disability benefits, and other VA information.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and Engineering teammates to drive the experience design from early-stage concepts though delivery across platforms
- Provide content and design guidance to cross-functional teams regarding software design and implementation, capturing all states, edge-cases, and path logic for visual UI design and engineering teams to build out
- Apply and extend US Web Design System and VA Design System standards, and use rapid prototyping/usability testing cycles to validate, enhance, and enrich it
- Support user research efforts, including discovery, synthesis, and documenting the results and findings
- Collaboratively create and evolve user stories and acceptance criteria with product owner and wider Scrum team
- Communicate potential costs and tradeoffs of different processes and design approaches while working with incomplete requirements
- Clearly articulate your thought processes through verbal and written explanation, whiteboard, sketching, or quick mock-ups to small or large groups
- Collaborate with the product owner and engineers to ensure implementation matches intent across all design components
- Keep UX work in sync with the product roadmap and flag delays or issues in content and design
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and team members across a range of disciplines throughout VA
- Support the practice of design and research within the larger company as needed through activities such as:
- Assisting in outreach, recruitment, and hiring efforts
- Occasionally participating in or otherwise supporting business development efforts, including code or design challenges, writing or reviewing proposal responses, etc.
- Participating in communities of practice
- We expect the responsibilities of this position to shift and grow organically over time, in response to considerations such as the unique strengths and interests of the selected candidate and other team members and an evolving understanding of the delivery environment.
- At least eight (8) years of experience working as a UX designer or related position in collaboration with digital product teams (enterprise environment a plus)
- Portfolio illustrating your process and samples of native product design work driven by quantitative and qualitative user research
- Understands human-centered design, interaction design fundamentals, and UI design best practices, including accessibility
- Proficient in Figma and modern prototyping tools
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers, seeking and providing feedback in an Agile environment
- Adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and holds a positive mindset
- Ability to be autonomous and can take initiative
Additional desired qualifications
- Familiarity with the US Web Design System
- Experience creating component-driven design systems
- Experience working with government agencies
- You are a U.S. Veteran
Salary and Sixer Benefits
To promote equal pay for equal work, we publish salary ranges for each position.
The salary for this position is $140,578 – $147,787
Our benefits are designed to reinforce our core values of Wholeness, Self Management and Inclusion. The following benefits are available to all employees. We respect that only you know what balance means for your life and season. While we offer support from coaches, we expect you to own your wholeness, show up for work whole, and go home to your family the same. You will be seen, heard and valued. We expect you to offer the same for your colleagues, be kind (not bossy), be caring (not directive) and ready to participate in a state of flow. We mean it when we say We build better by putting people first.
All Sixers Enjoy:
- Self-managed work/life balance and flexibility
- Competitive and equitable salary (equal pay for equal work)
- Tenure-based profit sharing
- Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) for all employees!
- 401K matching
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Self-managed and generous paid time off
- Paid federal holidays and Election day off
- Paid parental leave
- Self-managed professional development spending
- Self-managed wellness days
If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for any of these positions, please reach out to [email protected] We want to ensure you have the ability to apply for any position at Agile Six.