Senior UX Content Designer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Senior UX Content Designer
Remote or Hybrid
7000 Target Pkwy N,NCD-0375 Brooklyn Park,MN 55445
job requisition id
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Our purpose is to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. As a Senior UX Content Designer on the Purchase & Support team, you’ll bring that purpose to life across many of the digital spaces that guests encounter when they’re choosing Target with a special focus on cart, checkout, account, and profile experiences.
About the job
We’re looking for a Content Designer who can use both writing and design thinking to help transform the way Target communicates with its e-commerce guests. You’ll be embedded in a User Experience team, working alongside designers, product owners, business partners, and developers to deliver best- in-class UI, but you’ll also have the support of the Content Design team to compare notes on writing, language, and how content comes to life across the organization. You’ll be empowered to not only create clear and engaging content for existing experiences, but to envision entirely new experiences and proactively seek out ways that content can bring joy and ease into the lives of our guests.
Day to day, you will…
- Write content and develop content recommendations for guest-facing experiences, synthesizing Target’s tone and voice, guest needs, business requirements, and principles of UX.
- Track the end-to-end communication flow and proactively reach out to partners in the space to ensure consistency and cohesion.
- Collaborate closely with designers, product owners, researchers, accessibility consultants, data analysts, software engineers, and your fellow content designers.
- Advocate for guest communication needs and priorities.
- Learn to conduct basic user experience research with the guidance of the UX research team. Collaborate with researchers to identify larger research needs and gaps in understanding of our guest’s behaviors and desires.
- Learn from business data and guest insights to help inform your content.
- Participate in critiques, workshops, and skill-development opportunities.
- Be part of a rapidly growing culture and team committed to inclusivity, accessibility, and authenticity for all Target guests.
- 4-year college degree and/or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional writing experience
- A portfolio that showcases your passion for language and commitment to UX principles
- Ability to present and defend the strategy and choices behind your work
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in ambiguous environments
- Ability to hear feedback, defend your decisions when necessary but also adjust your approach when necessary
- Interest in exploring and learning more about the intersection of language and design in User Experience
- Experience with design tools like Figma is a plus
- E-commerce/digital retail experience is a plus
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member worksfull-time from home oran alternatelocation that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$83,800.00 USD – $150,800.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws.