Senior User Experience - UX - Designer
- USA Only
Senior UX Designer
- Location: United States
- Employment Type: Full-time employee
- Level: Senior
- Location: Remote – Frogslayer will consider candidates located anywhere in the US with proper work authorization
- Comp: $75k-130k base salary. Compensation for this role will be based on candidate’s experience, potential for contribution, and scope of role
Who We Are
Frogslayer is a custom software development and digital innovation firm. Clients partner with us to rapidly build, launch, and scale forward-leaping, industry-shattering software products and digital platforms that create new revenue streams and sources of competitive advantage.
To deliver the very best for our clients, we start with our people. In this position, you will be challenged to deliver innovative solutions that make a lasting and significant impact on companies and industries. Our people and teams are empowered to make the decisions they need to serve our clients. Since every role at Frogslayer is significant to the success of our clients, you’ll be given great responsibility and have the authority you need to deliver results.
Frogslayer is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a generous benefits package, including company contribution to medical benefits for employees and their families. In addition, we offer a fun, flexible work environment, company-sponsored activities, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs.
If you are someone who wants to be a contributing member of an exciting team that has been continually recognized by Inc. and Texas Monthly as a best place to work, then read on my friend and learn about this position.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced and talented UX designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams with product owners, UX researchers, developers, and business analysts. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive design.
- Collaborating with clients and internal teams to design the overall user experience for a wide variety of digital experiences and applications, from desktop to mobile and whatever is next—addressing things like interactions, information architecture and visual design.
- Planning, conducting, and leading client white-boarding sessions, design sprints, design workshops, and project meetings.
- Prototyping (ranging from low- to high-fidelity with interactions and visual design) solutions and iterating them based on user insight and client feedback.
- Advising clients of current UX/XD methodologies, while maintaining flexibility and adapting to their methods.
- Working with development teams to refine scope and ensure accurate implementation.
- Collaborating with your XD teammates from design reviews to pitches for new work.
- Bringing your own outstanding perspective to solving exciting problems.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
- 3-5+ years of UX experience – taking ownership, driving understanding, and delivering solutions that go above and beyond
- Expert-level proficiency with UX design-related software and tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Breadth of experience along the spectrum of UX design and ability to wear multiple hats.
- Portfolio of work samples that expresses your design work and original approaches to the challenges. Your portfolio should show your end-to-end design process, not just the final solution.
- Experience crafting personas and customer journey maps and other research deliverables
- Develop, produce, and iterate wireframes, information architecture diagrams, clickable prototypes, UI guidelines and design assets.
- Consistent attention to detail in your work
- Experience estimating UX project efforts and managing workload.
- Executive presence – outstanding communication, design thought leadership, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Strong interest in designing for emerging technologies, mobile UX, and an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to lead, passion for learning, and aim to grow.
- Experience in designing experiences for a variety of platforms including mobile, table, and desktop.