Senior UI/UX Designer
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Who we are
Decent DAO is accelerating the decentralized future and restoring power to individuals. In-studio to on-chain, we’ve taken our mission out in the open, inviting builders, founders, and degens alike to share knowledge, define new opportunities, and establish a true meritocracy where prosperity is available to all. Want in on the action? Keep reading. And let’s show the world how Web3 could be and should be done.
Who are you?
A UI/UX Designer at Decent assists creatives in existing projects and helps shape the user experience for brand new products. They ensure projects run smoothly, with great interpersonal skills and confidence in handling and delivering client-facing work. As a UI/UX Designer, you’ll take an active role in communicating and delivering great results. You can write and speak fluent English.
- Work closely with Sales and Project Management to understand business requirements and translate them into client deliverables:
- Information Architecture
- User Stories
- User Journey
- Wear multiple hats with ease across the following areas:
- UX Analyst/Researcher
- Information Architecture
- Visual Design
- Turn complex business requirements into working interfaces that are appealing to our clients and their end users.
- Collaborate with UI/UX Lead and Branding Lead on creating client deliverables and seeing them through to developer handoff.
- Create both low and high-fidelity prototypes that communicate user journey, showcase visual design, and serve as reference to both client and developers.
- Execute visual UI design tasks.
- Work with teams to understand business needs and create user stories to reflect them.
- Implement various interfaces using strict brand guidelines.
- Manage design schedules and tasks.
- Effectively communicate roadblocks and breakthroughs to the team to manage client expectations.
- Experience building and shipping different categories of products in the software industry: web applications, native mobile applications, and everything in between
- Experience working with Figma (or Sketch) for UI/UX design and Zeplin for developer handoff
- A designer with a solid grasp of digital culture who knows when to be picky, when to be pragmatic, and when each approach is needed
- Empathy, patience, and an ability to teach others about design principles to help the team build quality products and resolve implementation challenges as they arise
- The aspiration to achieve pixel-perfect implementations of your designs and to show team members the DNA of great design
- Experience working on all levels of UI and UX design
- Expert knowledge of Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, etc.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Excitement about proactively contributing to the growth of Decent DAO
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Superb knowledge of UX product design processes and web design
- The work you have done is more important to us than your diploma
- Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience presenting to stakeholders from concept to delivery
- Comfortable working with code (HTML, CSS, and JS)
- Motion design in After Effects
Since 2017, our efforts to dismantle centralized power structures in finance have helped launch over 30 groundbreaking DeFi products. We’ve fine-tuned the art of building and scaling successful products at the crossroads of financial technology and digital rights.
Today, our open-source collective connects contributors across the crypto spectrum with the cutting-edge tools and technologies they need to build thriving, self-sufficient communities. Working out in the open, we rally our community to create a DeFi experience that’s free, fair, and accessible for all.
Decent is an ecosystem of proven software builders, early adopters of cryptocurrency, and the protocols we create to advance our core mission: leveraging human intelligence in the most efficient way to accelerate decentralization. Join our global distributed talent and intelligent capital network and reap the benefits:
- Work in a rapidly expanding global rocketship.
- Unlock a unique chance to contribute to web3.
- Join a team that cares about products and working conditions.
- Work flexible hours.
- Enjoy full-time, paid vacations.
- Be fully remote.
Does this role sound like a good fit?
How to Apply
Complete this form to tell us about you. Send links that best showcase your relevant projects and experience.