Senior UI/UX Designer
Hello. We’re Blood.
Our mission is to end period slavery.
Who are we?
Blood (previously known as pslove) is a consumer start-up on a mission to end “period slavery” – the times when you feel like a slave to your period and it completely overcomes you.
In order to make periods a time for opportunities instead of feeling bound or overwhelmed, we obsess over products & services that help customers to:
- Bleed better: Let us bleed better with comfort and peace of mind
- Power through: Ease symptoms when we want to power through the day
- Celebrate downtime: Feel good and in a better state of mind to celebrate downtime
Taking everything we've learnt from our previous period tracking app (>100k installs), we're redesigning the entire period tracking experience from the ground up and want to build the defining period tracking app for this generation (and beyond).
Who we’re looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our team and work with us as we redesign & scale-up our period tracking app for consumers around the world - you’ll be involved in designing overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it as part of the core product team.
- Obsess over finding new ways to deliver value and joy to users
- Take ownership of the entire user experience, including thinking about how UI/UX drives activation, engagement and retention in our products
- Rapidly mock-up and iterate new UI/UX design ideas
- Combine creativity with an awareness of design elements, user-centered design, business objectives, and technical limitations
- Conduct UX research including market research, user research, prototyping & user testing, designing user flows
- Embrace and conduct continual data-informed optimization of existing UI/UX; realising the product is never “done”
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3+ (ideally 5+) years experience as UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Good written and verbal communication skills, able to discuss and explain design options
- Expertise with Figma or equivalent software
- Experience working with software engineers
- Portfolio of design and UI/UX projects
A bit more detail about us:
- We invented MenstruHeat, the #1 menstrual cramp relief patch in SE-Asia with more than 1 million cramps relieved across 15 countries.
- We sell direct-to-consumer, as well as through leading retailers (e.g Guardian, Watsons, 7-Eleven, NTUC FairPrice etc.)
- We are funded and backed by top angel investors in SE-Asia.
- As a fast-growing consumer start-up, joining us is both an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of millions of women, as well as experience unique learnings first-hand as we launch new products and new markets together.
- Our team is based across 2 cities so we're no stranger to collaborating remotely