Senior UI Designer
- USA Only
- 0 applicants
Who we are
M1 is a personal finance platform made for the modern era, uniting individual perspective with automated ease. Hundreds of thousands of investors take control of their long-term wealth with M1 and have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets. As the Finance Super App™, we empower financial well-being with all the tools to invest, borrow, and spend: low-cost borrowing, high interest checking, and high cash back Visa® debit and credit card rewards.
We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being and strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors. We've been named a top app for investors including 2022 Best for Low Costs and Best for Sophisticated Investors by Investopedia.
As a fast-growing fintech company, we’re looking for talented and smart individuals who are excited about rethinking what’s possible with personal finance, invested in their personal and professional growth, and take ownership of the work they want to do – all while helping others create something meaningful and sustainable for their futures. Our award-winning workplace culture has been recognized by CB Insights (Top Fintech Companies of 2021), the Chicago Tribune (2021 Top Workplace), and Built In Chicago (2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago).
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
You’re a versatile designer with experience in product, interaction, brand and visual design, and your ultimate superpower and passion is beautiful UI design. You’re excited to join a rapidly growing team and have serious impact. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment where you can move fluidly between our core product areas of Invest, Borrow and Spend. We're hiring for our headquarters in Chicago and remotely across the US.
What you’ll do
- Partner closely with Product Designers and Content Strategists to ideate on solutions, and turn detailed workflows and interactions into beautiful interfaces that our clients will love and that uphold a consistent, premium experience.
- Connect with clients to listen, observe and turn their feedback into insights and ideas that drive the best outcomes.
- Partner with Product Engineers on feasibility and how best to implement your UI designs so they’re scalable and usable.
- Confidently speak to your work, articulating a clear rationale for decisions that led to your solutions.
- Collaborate with Design System Designers to create, maintain and evolve an on-brand, modular and accessible design system of foundational styles and UI elements.
- Stay on top of design trends and challenge the status quo.
- Help shape the culture of our design team by generously sharing work, feedback and ideas to maximize our impact.
- 5+ years designing exceptional digital products with a portfolio that showcases your abilities in UI and visual design. You’re an incredible designer who can think big as well as be persistent in polishing the details.
- Mastery of typography, color, layout, iconography and illustration. Motion design experience a plus.
- Obsession for deeply understanding user needs, and the ability to translate those needs into intuitive solutions.
- A track record of closely collaborating with Product Management, Product Design and Engineering to ship multiple products that have made a measurable impact.
- An expert-level understanding of responsive web design, iOS and Android platforms, UI component libraries, living design systems and modern browser technologies.
- We're a team of Figma users. It's ok if you're not, but be excited to jump in and learn!
- You’re known for taking bold, calculated risks, and learning from your mistakes.
- Basic knowledge of and interest in investing and personal finance.
- Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.