Senior Product Designer - U.S.
- 7 applicants (16%)
At Very Good Ventures, we believe that building very good software starts with a culture of trust, integrity, and openness – and of course, having a very good time while doing so. VGV is the team for you if you are passionate about delivering the simplest solutions for the most complex problems, learning the “why” of software development, and giving back to the global developer community.
VGV is at an exciting stage of growth. We embrace the fact that our journey is forever a work in progress and believe that diverse experiences and ideas will help us become the very best we can be.
Are you passionate about the opportunity to help define modern user experiences that are scalable to any device and platform? Join us!
Senior Product Designers at Very Good Ventures lead and execute project-level design activities on projects. They own the design at the project level and collaborate extensively with internal and external stakeholders. They work to ensure the experiences VGV delivers are smart, beautiful and appropriate for our clients and their users.
Product Designers are responsible for collaborating with clients and the program management team to help plan and manage their work. Key activities include:
- Collaborating with program management to identify design activities, tasks and time required to accomplish project goals
- Working with clients and define and refine design-specific requirements
- Contributing to requirements definition writ large, especially where they are affected by design
- Participating in all relevant project ceremonies (e.g., stand ups, sprint planning, retrospectives)
Senior PDs are responsible for developing an understanding of design opportunities, challenges, and requirements associated with a project. Senior PDs should be adept at:
- Conducting stakeholder interviews
- Auditing existing experiences
- Ingesting existing UX documentation (e.g., user stories, personas, journey maps) and creating them where needed
- Describing current and possible experiences using artifacts such as journey maps, flow diagrams or site/application maps
- Creating moodboards to help articulate and constrain look & feel possibilities
- Conducting basic research with users to gauge experience opportunities and design success
- Conducting secondary research, such as compiling competitive or reference experiences
- Synthesizing research findings into actionable insights
A Senior Product Designer’s core responsibilities are solving problems with design and systematically delivering high-quality assets that support VGV projects. Key activities include:
- Ideation; developing executable design ideas that achieve user and business goals
- Communicating design intent to teams and directly with clients
- Creation of core design assets, including:
- Common UX diagrams (e.g., journey maps, site/application maps)
- Low- to mid-fidelity visual representations of experiences (e.g., flow diagrams, wireframes)
- High-fidelity visual representations of experiences (e.g., screen & component designs)
- Design system & style documentation (e.g., typography, color palettes, components, interaction patterns)
- Simple interactive mockups
- Conducting internal and client-facing reviews
- Managing client feedback and design conversations
Senior PDs are responsible for collaborating with developers to ensure the highest possible delivery quality. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with developers to identify important UI constraints at a project’s outset (e.g., frameworks used)
- Supporting developer needs during sprints
- Collaborating with developers to find viable design workarounds when the team encounters insurmountable development challenges
- Delivering well-crafted design documentation that is easy for a future team to edit and extend (e.g., easy to browse files, clearly and consistently named layers and components, annotations provided where needed)
- 7+ Years of UX/UI digital product design experience in either an agency or product setting, including experience shipping digital products, especially mobile applications
- Must submit a design portfolio
- We use an anonymized system to ensure application are evaluated solely based on experience and alignment to company needs. Please remove any identifiers from your portfolio prior to submitting
- A strong portfolio of work clearly demonstrating individual contributions to shipped products, impact on associated users and business objectives, as well as your personal design sensibilities.
- Very strong graphic and communications design skills.
- Mastery in core design tools such as Figma; strong experience with prototyping tools such as Framer, ProtoPie or Principle; expertise with Presentation tools such as Google Slides or Powerpoint
- Extensive experience collaborating with developers, high-level experience coding interfaces; strong understanding of front-end development concepts
- Experience leading design efforts on a project, including collaboration with product owners, project managers and other decision making stakeholders; extensive client management experience
- Excellent communication skills; a proven ability to present your work, defend your decisions and clarify feedback
- Tech literacy; familiarity with contexts, screens, and device capabilities
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with engineers and clearly express design intent ways suitable for engineers
- Systems thinking bias; ability to incorporate user, business, and engineering perspectives into design decisions, and consider costs and benefits on an issue-by-issue basis
- Experience creating interactive mockups
- Located in ET or CT Time Zones
Additional Consideration Given for…
- Experience building interfaces in Flutter or other front end frameworks (e.g., React)
- Experience working on multi-platform experiences (e.g., mobile, tablet, desktop, embedded)
- 2D and/or 3D motion graphics / animation skills
- Design research and user testing experience
- Design thinking & group facilitation experience
- High fidelity UI / microinteraction prototyping experience; experience with tools like Framer, Principle or ProtoPie
- REMOTE first company
- A team of high skilled, experienced Flutter developers including Google Developer Experts, and well-known open-source maintainers
- Passion and enthusiasm for what we create
- Empowerment to be your best professional self
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) – We promote a culture of mental and physical wellness, and encourage you to take time off
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, HSA, etc.
- Available 401K with up to 4% match
- End of year company shut down (December 23, 2022- January 1, 2023), in addition to observing company holidays
Join our team and be a part of the future of app development!