Senior Product Designer
- USA Only
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer.
At WQA we help businesses grow, to focus on the right opportunity and to create new behaviours and mindsets. We partner with our customers to build technology-enabled products and services that improve the way we all live, work and do business.
We're a team of 20+ strategists, product designers, technologists and engineers. We're helping our customers transform the way they do business through the smart application of design and technology and by challenging the status quo for clients in a range of sectors including Retail, Direct to Consumer and Health and Wellness.
What you will do in the role day to day
As a Senior Product designer, you will combine helping customers design and launch some of their most important projects along with helping us to further develop our awesome team of designers and our design output. As a key member of the design team, you'll be responsible for designing beautiful and intuitive products across platforms and work closely with our customers to solve real business problems, deliver measurable value to both client and end user.
You'll also help grow our culture, coach and inspire the WQA product team, and work closely with our customers to improve the way they think and work. By developing great relationships with customers you'll also be creating opportunities for new business.
As a product designer, you will
- Explore and communicate design concepts for digital products through artefacts like user flows, wireframes, prototypes.
- Validate and iterate design concepts by running experiments, measuring usability, considering market analysis and balance against technical constraints/opportunities.
- Use prototyping tools to convey product or service concept, interaction, movement and functionality.
- Engage customers, stakeholders and your team to ensure your proposed design fits business goals and technical constraints in addition to user needs.
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to bring designs to life and to quickly resolve challenges.
- Set visual design standards and inspire the client towards these visions.
- Take an active interest in the design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and community.
As a product designer, you have
- Experience developing visual design concepts beyond UI including brand, creative direction and implementation.
- Experience in innovation, digital transformation, and a passion for customer experience.
- Experience of all stages of the design process, from initial discovery, co-creation workshops, ideation and concept development through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- A passion on process and proof. Must be an inherent part of your approach.
- Deep knowledge of Figma, particularly components, libraries, auto layout, and plugins.
Interest in user experience, prototyping, personas, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research.
5+ years' experience of designing for the web and mobile.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Solid remote team experience.
- Formal design training
- A good understanding of UCD/HCD and Systematic/Systemic design principles.
- A tactical focus on problem/solution fit.
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, Figma, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Google Docs and Acrobat.
- Good Prototyping experience (Figma, Invision, Marvel, or similar).
- Basic motion design experience is a plus.
- An interest in emerging technologies.
- Advanced level of English.
Our people are at the top of their game... or on their way to get there. They're smart and kind and skilled in an extraordinary range of technologies, approaches, thinking and communicating. They enjoy working in teams, are comfortable with uncertainty and change, are happy to get to grips with new business sectors, innovative business models and novel product concepts. They are happy to get their hands dirty, are brave in their decision making and own the work they do.
WQA embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Benefits: As well as a competitive remuneration, you'll receive:
- A team of people who genuinely care about what they do and the work they produce.
- Opportunities to make a difference in a nimble, highly productive environment.
- Exposure to a huge variety of work, from business operations to internal products to global design challenges for multinational brands
- The opportunity to forge your own career path within a new, highly ambitious company.
Benefits and Perks
- Apple Gear. Everyone gets the latest and greatest Apple gear - including a 27 inch iMac or MacBook Pro.
- Conferences. Anxious to check out the latest industry talks? Go to any conference of your choice in the UK and we'll cover the cost.
- Sport Allowance. £100 toward staying healthy and active: new runners, a bike, yoga classes, rock climbing (including support to purchase a bike tax free).
- Electric car scheme. If you are eligible you maybe able to join the company's salary sacrifice electric car scheme.
- Plus Flexible working hours, and more.